• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need sno sport help / carburetor

B
Nov 28, 2007
Sled will idle but when accelerated, it bogs out . If I take the air intake and slightly cant it off of the air box for more air delivery, it runs much better. It has ran well previously before. I'm at a loss of why. I'm thinking to bypass the air box and put an air filter directly to the carb. Looking for answers .

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Mine does this also. It seems when I have the choke on it clears the bog up but doesn't idle. I have checked the fuel pump and blew the carb out a few times

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
I've cleaned my carb, blew out the air , pulled the jet pilot nozzle air screw. Just drove it. Works good with the choke on but won't idle. Turn choke off it idles fine , but bogs mid range then once it gets going seems to run fine

C
Nov 29, 2008
if you've cleaned the carb / jets / float be sure to check the plunger on the choke / cold start - sometimes they stick / bind.

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
To me it's not getting enough fuel and with the choke on it accelerates fine without choke on it bogs.

Last edited:

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
So made a bit of headway. Jetting calls for 97.5 std size for sea level. I really figured it was lean due to the choke having to be on. So I had a 132.5 kicking around and it runs like a top. So I'm guessing I have a air leak somewhere maybe crank seal ? Thoughts? Cause according to the manual I need a 92.5 for my elevation and temp.

E
Mar 5, 2015
Minneapolis MN
Hi turblue. Did your last fix resolve the issue? Just curious because i have an 05 with the exact same problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what exactly do you mean by going to 132.5?

Turblue

Lifetime Membership
Jun 11, 2004
Alberta
Hi turblue. Did your last fix resolve the issue? Just curious because i have an 05 with the exact same problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for my lack of knowledge but what exactly do you mean by going to 132.5?

I did. It was a plugged passage in the carb body. I disassembled the carb and got some thin wire and cleaned every port and used carb cleaner ...blew them all and worked fine. 132.5 is the main jet.

Premium Features