• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comparison: Motorfist Alpha vs Stomper 2 Boots

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
So picked up the new Alpha boot yesterday. I liked the stomper 2's last year a lot. Tough boot. I like the Alpha more. The BOA design is so easy to use. It's also a dual BOA. So the top part of the boot tightens/loosens with the top dial, and the bottom part with the dial on the back of the boot. This makes it a much nicer customized fit than the traditional one dial BOA I've used in the past. The overall size of the Alpha boot is smaller. As you can see in the pic. The Stomper 2 in the pic is an 11, and the Alpha is a 12. They fit the same size. The stompers I had to always go down one size in the past, but the Alpha fits true to size like the rest of my boots/tennis shoes.

The Alpha size 12 weighs 2lbs 9 1/2oz
The Stomper 2 size 11 weighs 3lbs 3 5/8oz

The Alpha feels a lot lighter though and the weight is more even over the entire boot. Where as the Stomper 2 has most the weight in the base and in the toe area. So when you are swinging your foot around, the pendulum effect on the alpha makes it feel much lighter than it really is.

It takes a bit of twisting the dials to get the alpha on and fit tight, but to take them off takes all of a couple seconds by just pulling the dial out and releasing all the tension on the cable laces. Overall a much more time saving design over your traditional laces.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
There are a few places that have them already. I'd call around. Front Range Arctic Cat in Fort Collins, CO is where I got mine. They just came in yesterday.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I have a pair of HMK Voyager's with the BOA system. Another neat feature is the ability to quickly snug up the boot after an hour or so of riding. Once your feet find their sweet spot and your socks settle in you can easily take out the slack and continue riding with just a quick turn.

I hope Motofist makes some big sizes though, so far everyone stops at 14-15 except HMK.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I wear 11.5-12 normally. These 12 alpha fit just like that. Ankle support is really good. No thought of rolling an ankle in these

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've got a set coming.

Can't wait.

I've had Stomper1 and Redline1 and Redline2.

I like their improvements each year. Can't wait for these Alpha boots with the Boa system.

royd

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2007
Tried on the Alpha boots at Haydays. Very nice. Light and flexible. Bottom rubber is quite soft. Dealer rep explained to me they worked with Goodyear when designing these boots. He said that's why snow tires are made of softer rubber. And yes I was only on like my 3rd beer.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I love my stomper 2.0's but after trying on alphas Im kinda feeling like I might need a set.

So dang light, would be awesome, less weight for my body to swing around and wear me out means im out ripping longer and harder. Dangit, more money on new gear. AHAHA.

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
My stomper 2s were soaking wet at the end of there first ride last year and never seemed to be water proof..... Might have to give these alphas a chance this year

G-RAD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2012
Alberta, Canada
You shouldn't be wet at all....

Email or call us. We will take care of ya.

I sent them the boots and they leaked so they replaced them no questions asked.

Great company to deal with...... I don't think you could go wrong with any of their gear

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
How did these boots hold up over the season?

I put about 90 days on my Alphas this year and have to say they are by far my favorite boot I've worn to date. After a small handful of rides when they are formed to your foot and broken in you can barely tell you are wearing them. Super light and the double BOA adjusters make it so you can tighten it around your foot and calf. I have really small calves so normally i have to sinch laces down and they don't tighten well around my foot, only my calf. Major pet peeve. The boa double lace holds it so nice on both sections of my leg and foot. I rode them snowbiking almost all of my rides which destroys snow boots faster then anything I have seen. They got pretty beat up but stayed dry almost the whole season. I did start to get some leaking near the spring, but again, this is about 3x most peoples normal use in a season along with not the intended use. Im very happy with the performance.

I will be running the alphas until something else comes out that is more comfortable. I put these on in the am before we load up and will wear them all through a day until im home and unloaded. Driving my truck to the hill (manual) not an issue.

Comfort :10/10
Warmth: 8/10
durabilty: 8/10

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I probably had around 30 days on the Alphas. Both started leaking really bad. Feet were soaked even in dry CO snow. Motorfist confirmed this and are going to warranty them. I like the boot though but wish they had a tougher toe. Can feel it when you kick with the toe area. I ended up ordering a pair of klim boas to end out the season. Motorfist won't have a new pair for me until fall. The klims already have sole damage after 8 rides. This is my 4th pair of adrenalines too, and while I like them, the soles just dont hold up very well. The alpha soles are better.

Premium Features