• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 arctic cat 570f problem, help please

T
Apr 4, 2013
I have a 570 fan cooled sled, it starts and idles great, but around 3200 rpm she misses the sometimes backfires, but can't figure out why its missing? I cleaned carbs and i unhooked throttle control sensor, as long as the 2 wire plug in throttle block is the thrkttle control sensor? Any other suggestions?

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
I don't know of a two wire plug, but there should be a three wire one under the dash with brown, purple and black with white stripe wires It comes from the main wire harness and goes to the kill switch. . Unplug that and it bypasses the kill switch and the throttle safety. If that fixes the problem I suspect the problem is with the magnetic switch in the carbs. Pull the throttle slides out of the carbs and check to see if the magnets have come loose. Even if they haven't that is a source of a lot of troubles like you describe. A permanent fix would be to unplug the four wire plug that goes to the carbs, cut the four prong plug off and splice the two brown wires back together. Just leave the two wire plug from each carb hang or plug them together, it doesn't matter. Hope this makes sense, reading it back it sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

Premium Features