• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PCV map for M8

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
Just to start the process there would be a bunch questions one would need to answer....mostly what mods have you done and what you are looking for? SLP has maps for their stuff. There are a number of other people putting out maps as well. There are options to developing your own maps, either the LCD unit or the Autotune....I am in the process of developing an AFR for my autotune (industries best kept secret), I run an 09 HCR with MBRP can, Speedwerx pipe kit, V-Force, custom intake and there is no 1 map that works for my set-up so it came down to doing it myself. The AFR is the key to a good map, as well as a good location for the autotune to work (if this is something you care to explore we can talk further as there is some tricks to this) So far I have been impressed with the PCV and autotune, however using the autotune does require some work and if you like that kind of stuff it's enjoyable.

H
Dec 12, 2009
I have pretty much the standard list of mods, pipe, intake, clutch, head and venting.

I understand that there are several maps floating around for a single pipe and intake system (slp in my case), I'm not really worried about the map matching exactly as I just wanted something that will give me a good baseline to start with.

With the mods I have done I'm a little concerned starting with an empty table and then tweaking with more fuel to get it down to the 12-13 AFR range I'm looking for.

I will be using a wide band O2 sensor welded into the expansion chamber to fine tune after I get a baseline map loaded, I used the same method on my Duc with a laptop, PCV and a wideband.

Got it dialed quite nicely, but I decided to take it to SL motorsports and have it dynoed to see where I was at, while the AFR was dialed pretty well they were still able to get another 7hp by tuning each cylinder on the dyno.

Bike runs great now, I just wished they had a snowmobile dyno...

T
Feb 8, 2010
Nelson, B.C.
It would appear you have some experience with the PC so your are miles ahead. You could start with the SLP map and go from there. At present I'm at 12.9 @ WOT and am still a tad rich EGTs are at 1180*F....watch out for the 5,800 RPM range, while your AFR may look good temps go sky high due to timing, just before the APV open Cat throws a bunch ignition timing into the engine to help develop smooth power, reported temps of 1280 are common. I threw some more fuel in from 5-6,000 RPM just to keep the temps down, I need that area to ride the trails to and from the hills. I agree it would be nice to find a dyno, more specifically a PC dyno that will autotune however PC told me they didn't make them so we are on our own or at the merci of the aftermarket. I have heard that people have been quite happy with the SLP map for the SLP set-up.

Premium Features