• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

has cat released actuall weight and hp numbers for the 2010 M8

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
haven't seen any actual numbers from cat on either, have seen the hp numbers from 150-163??? and never an actual weight, saved some on the crank and seat but gained at least that with the can...

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
don't look heavier

After pawing over an M8 2010 I couldn'd see any weight changes in parts of significance. It will be interesting to weigh the new can, while it appears to be M1000 size its not an M1000 can and may not weigh as much.........tech guy observation. Pipe is as visually close in dimensions to an SLP pipe as one could get. Exhaust outlet red rubber donut added. MOre concave head nuts and bolts here and there. New skiis ? lighter or heavier by a 1/2 lb maybe.

I think the 160 hp average is real, last 10 years of cat EFI sleds when you drag them in and dyno them.........about at 5-8 hp spread from best to worst, M7's on the dryno ran lots of 135 hp sleds and a good number over 145 same dyno same day, keep pulling them off the trailer for testing. I don't think much has changed there, luck of the draw when you buy.

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
M1000 Can

"CATSLEDMAN1" appears to be M1000 size its not an M1000 can.

Same can sorry had them in my shop and I can find no difference at all. Weight is the same same dimensions and in fact at the dealer show engineers told me that due to Noise and flow they had to put the M1000 can on the sled.So after loosing all the weight on the crank and the seat the added it all back with a can.

Good news is that aftermarket m1000 can fit and work very well.

Monty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wet Coast
Hey mmsports can you post a little vid or sound bite of how the 800 ho sounds with a aftermarket can on it, if you have one that is, not being pushy just curious, I'm thinking this will be my sled of choice next year.

Premium Features