• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Have you made a Home made vent kit??

C
Dec 26, 2007
BOZEMAN
Just wondering where you guys are getting the plastic to make the vents? Can you get the plastic at a local hardware store or Lowes or Home Depot??

Thanks

H
Nov 26, 2007
Your moms house
Vent Kit

On my light weight hoods I cut out the vent's and get them to the shape I want, then lay a bead of black RTV around the opening and press in some pet screen. I've never made the type with a plastic trim, never needed it doing it this way.

Yamadoo04

Premium Member
Oct 4, 2005
Herriman, Utah
www.youtube.com
Door screen doubled up attached with duck tape on the inside of the side panel. It has worked for me so far. This was just to plug the hole on the bottom of the panel on the clutch side of my REV so the snow doesn't get packed into the clutch when in deep pow. No more belt slipage anymore:)

C-man

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Edmonton, AB
K, some reason i couldnt post on this thread only lastnight.

you know those cheap *** fold out camping chairs that always break. some of them have the drink cup/holders. theirs a plastic insert ring that pops into the top of the cupholder to keep its shape. blah blah blah pics will tell all. but anyways those plastics rings fit perfectly into a 3" hole, find some screen door material and buy a couple of those chairs and you'd be good. oh and some silicone to seal it up.

S
Nov 27, 2007
SK
ABS and Lexan are both good material for making vents. Lexan seems to be more resistant to cold temperatures though. The one material I've been searching all over for is the waterproof, breathable fabric. I dont know what its called....if anyone can help out I'd appreciate it.

O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
ABS and Lexan are both good material for making vents. Lexan seems to be more resistant to cold temperatures though. The one material I've been searching all over for is the waterproof, breathable fabric. I dont know what its called....if anyone can help out I'd appreciate it.

textilene!
http://www.ahh.biz/fabric_catagories/mesh_and_netting.htm
http://www.garysupholstery.com/textilene.html
google it and search for venders i got a sample from the first link and you can not tear this stuff!!!

B
Nov 26, 2007
Used thin aluminium for the vent "shape", Devcon to hold on metal screen door material, then riveted it to the light weight hood with the holes cut as required, had a couple good roll overs last year, just had to bend the vents back to shape, worked well. Also have flowrite material for fluffy pow days to put ontop, velcro'd on.

S

sledhead699

Dec 10, 2007
whitefish, (havre) MT
here is some i made!!!!

P8190040.jpg

P8190038.jpg

Premium Features