• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UPGRADED ARP BOLTS FOR THE QUICKDRIVE PULLEYS.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
I broke a bolt off in my 14 this weekend and I am supposed to be leaving on a trip in two weeks. Anyone know how long it takes to get them doing the drop ship?

Has any one thought about switching that to a stud and using a washer and nylock nut? Seems to me that it would be way stronger than any bolt....

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I have my 0 mile 15 torn apart for a track swap. Anyone that has some packages of the ARP bolts ordered want to sell a couple?

D
Nov 26, 2007
Prior Lake, MN
Gus does not work on Mondays but I waited in the call center and got Zane. Told him I needed some ARP bolts drop shipped and gave him the numbers. He put me on hold and called ARP to be sure they had them, they did, and will be shipping them today. Grand total is $38 with the drop ship and I should see them in two to three days.

Awesome customer service at Summit!!!

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Gus does not work on Mondays but I waited in the call center and got Zane. Told him I needed some ARP bolts drop shipped and gave him the numbers. He put me on hold and called ARP to be sure they had them, they did, and will be shipping them today. Grand total is $38 with the drop ship and I should see them in two to three days.

Awesome customer service at Summit!!!
Dan, I tried replying to your PM twice today, but it doesn't look like it went through. How many come in a pack?
I'd like 2 sets if you want to split them up. PM me your Paypal.

S

snowjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
wyoming
Does anyone have a top and bottom bolt they would like to sell ,for a 15 pro. They are back ordered for 4 to 6 weeks.

Thanks

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I ordered some about 4 hours ago and was told 2 days to drop ship from ARP.
I just spoke to the first person available and gave them the part #'s from M.H.'s post. They looked them up, verified the description, placed me on hold and called ARP to verify stock prior to finalizing the order.

S

snowjunkie

Nov 26, 2007
wyoming
I did call them and I was told after the guy got off the phone with ARP that they are now back ordered 4 to 6 weeks.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
I'd part with a couple once I get mine. I'm going to keep two of each. Should be 5 of each coming.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Dont forget ... proper, ACCURATE, torque is MANDATORY when reassembling.

To get that accurate torque... all old traces of Loctite™ need to be chased from the threads inside the shafts. To do that... you will need a 10mm/1.25p tap or thread chaser... harware store variety is fine.

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Dont forget ... proper, ACCURATE, torque is MANDATORY when reassembling.

To get that accurate torque... all old traces of Loctite™ need to be chased from the threads inside the shafts. To do that... you will need a 10mm/1.25p tap or thread chaser... harware store variety is fine.

I received my bolts today. Do you think these will be all right to re-use if they are ever removed?

PM's sent to the two who asked about the purchasing the bolts.

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
If you haven't replaced your bolts with these yet, DO IT NOW!!!

I'm currently on the bench due to the head breaking off the driveshaft bolt. Also had fun towing my sled out of the woods yesterday. Then had fun loading it on the deck at at lot with no snowbanks I could tow the sled up the back of. By fun, I mean 'suck time'. To top it off, the beer that was in the truck (that I was really looking forward to at this point) froze and exploded when I opened it.

I had the ARP bolts waiting for me at Kurt's but hadn't made it there for the swap yet.

It destroyed my lower Kurt's cog and damaged the belt.

$400+ in parts due to a broken bolt. So pissed. :face-icon-small-fro

T
Nov 11, 2008
If you haven't replaced your bolts with these yet, DO IT NOW!!!

I'm currently on the bench due to the head breaking off the driveshaft bolt. Also had fun towing my sled out of the woods yesterday. Then had fun loading it on the deck at at lot with no snowbanks I could tow the sled up the back of. By fun, I mean 'suck time'. To top it off, the beer that was in the truck (that I was really looking forward to at this point) froze and exploded when I opened it.

I had the ARP bolts waiting for me at Kurt's but hadn't made it there for the swap yet.

It destroyed my lower Kurt's cog and damaged the belt.

$400+ in parts due to a broken bolt. So pissed. :face-icon-small-fro

Many times the heads are breaking more due to the bad fit of the lower pulley on the shaft than a improper grade bolt. If your pulley has play on the shaft no bolt is going to be strong enough forever as it is rocking and stretching the bolt until the head pops off. Stronger bolts are only delaying the inevitable if you have a poor fitting pulley on the shaft.

This is getting worse as each day passes. If this was a better winter with more snow it would likely be popping up more and more with more people riding. My '14 isn't bad, but there are a number of the '15 sleds showing symptoms.

Premium Features