• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sno Scoot Mod

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Hard to Find

They are getting hard to find them, they are a 7 tooth, 2.52 pitch, 7/8 square shaft, not sure on what year they came from. I have found the last couple of sets from sled swap meets..... Sorry, probably not much help.

What are you guys doing with the factory parts from your snoscoot and snosport long track builds? I restore, collect, snoscoots and snosports. I would love to buy the parts off you and even the machines when or if you are done with them. Let me know if you are interested in selling any machines or parts.

Thank you
Jared

C
Nov 29, 2008
If it's the original track it's likely rotted ... last sport I found was in close to mint shape and picked it up for $800 but I also paid $500 for a parts Sport that was trashed.

The tunnel looks better than the stock set up - easy to mount to the frame - I used self tapping bolts to the shock bracket and added a small bracket off the tail light - with a small bar or rail around the tunnel it makes it much easier to haul / lift as well.

C
Nov 29, 2008
I bought mine from Timbersled so that the rods would be conceled ... videos ranging from table saw to sawzalls for cutting width. Heavy Olfa style knife works fine for trimming lug height with a block clamped to guide the blade.
TracksUSA offers cutting services ... might be easier but little more $ to have them do the track as they probably have a decent price on new ripsaw / hacksaw tracks.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
We just used a big table saw with a rip fence. Two guys, took a couple minutes per side as you want to go slow. Air out the shop between sides and use cleaner to get the burnt rubber off the blade.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I disassembled the clutch side and the brake side as well. I was able to get the driveshaft free first and then get the rear skid frame broke free. This left the majority of the frame and motor intact.

No, not easy. If I remember right, there are spacer washers around the front pivot point. Keep an eye out for those so you know how they go back in.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
making progress...so now the fun part....making all the yammie parts fit the skidoo rails. So I assume everyone just modded the yammie parts to fit the rails they chose? I have doo rails and I see I'm gonna have some cutting to do...also the width is totally different so here goes nothin lol

pics from sport owners who have done this would be great...the more skid pics the better :face-icon-small-hap

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
No two builds are the same.

I used a 136" Mountain Max skid which provided the rails, bogeys, cross bars (to be cut down), small idlers, bump stops.

I made the bracket to mate up to the scoot skid so it could go back to stock if it had to, but after riding it, I have no idea why you would.

I would provide for the adjustable front limiter strap. This is nice to adjust ski pressure. This one just has multiple holes, but it can at least be adjusted.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
the skoot and the sport are so different hey! Yup im just gonna try and keep the geometry as close to the same as possible...just the sport rails are so short and sqauttie the doo rails are way taller so thats gonna be a bit of a challenge for sure...I will post some pics soon.

Premium Features