• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D&D1010 Clutch setup

T
Jan 16, 2013
Iowa
Hi, I have a 02 ZR800 with a fresh D&D1010, i'm in need of a good clutch set up.. springs and weights for the primary and helix and springs for the secondary.. any ideas??

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
Are you after lake racing performance or hill climbing/deep powder? It also depends a lot on what kind of port work was done to the cylinders. I run some 975 big bores but have kept the porting pretty mild. I like a low rpm clutch engagement to keep from getting stuck taking off in deep snow. I use the softest drive spring Arctic Cat makes, the red/blue #0646-148 and about 68 gram weights. This gives an engagement of about 2800 rpm. Driven uses the stock red/white spring and a 53 degree helix. You also have to have the low speed jetting just right in order for the engine to handle the low engagement. All carbureted 8 and 900 Cats I have been around have been way too rich on the bottom end and then they go to too lean in the midrange. If you are riding on the flats and wanting to race you would probably hate this setup, so take it for what it is worth.

T
Jan 16, 2013
Iowa
yeah, im after lake/flat racing performance. i forgot to mention its an EFI, also has Boondocker fuel air management system, im just lookin for some ideas for lakes and fields, anything helps,Thanks

Last edited:
Premium Features