• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New pull start pulley

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
FYI, when I got my sled home this happened on the very first engine start. It was actually difficult to release so maybe be prepared if this happens in the backcountry. I bent the wire guard a bit closer so hope it doesn't happen again.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2018-11-02 16.08.53.jpg
    2018-11-02 16.08.53.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 941
Last edited by a moderator:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
FYI, when I got my sled home this happened on the very first engine start. It was actually difficult to release so maybe be prepared if this happens in the backcountry. I bent the wire guard a bit closer so hope it doesn't happen again.

Yikes! Good catch. I will check mine and adjust if necessary.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
poos new shot start?

Don't need Shot as they actually put the pull start higher up than Doo so it's easy to grab without bending down and it starts with a flick of the wrist almost as easy as pushing the Doo button. I did not think Doo needed e-start either until I bought one last year. The Doo does need them. Cat has the pull start in the best location, does not matter if you are on either side. Not sure if it as easy to start as the Poo though?? My wife can start the Polaris with the pull but needs to rely on the starter for the Doo. Must be the low compression! Thought I would say it before Snowmobiler did.

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Same problem on the 900 RMK's with the same pulley part number.

Bend the wire in as recommended in the first post.

Also helps to move the wire to the apex of of where the rope leaves the pulley so that the rope is normally not touching the wire.

Last edited:

SLP

Premium Member
Hello Guys. I saw your thread and thought I might provide an official answer from SLP for you.

Yes, we do recommend removing the pulley. We are concerned that the heat from the silencer may affect durability of rope. When the vehicle is running, the rope bounces back and forth and gets really close to the silencer. I don't think it would actually touch, but radiating heat could be a factor. With the wheel removed, there is no chance of heat affecting the rope. Polaris put that idler wheel there to aid in the effort it takes to pull the engine over on mornings when it is extremely cold and the sled hasn't been started yet. From our experience on the 850, the effort to pull it over (even when cold) is not an issue without the pulley.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
About dislocated my wrist and litterally punched myself in the face the first time I pulled the rope. How are you guys bending that wire?

plumbpowder

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Nampa, ID
Without the pulley it seems to rub on the wiring harnesses that are right there not sure what to do I have the slp can and they say to remove it I did but put it back on because of rubbing anyone else have any suggestions

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I made a little bracket that bolts in the pulley bracket hole, that pushes the wiring away from the rope slightly. I will be keeping an eye on this

Premium Features