• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Skid Shock Spring?

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
Wondering if the 2012 Apex XTX (144") would also benefit from a stiffer spring like the Viper post?

We had it in Colorado (we are from MN) and it sure is a trencher in the meadows. I attributed it to the weight but after reading the Viper post it makes me wonder?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Wondering if the 2012 Apex XTX (144") would also benefit from a stiffer spring like the Viper post?

We had it in Colorado (we are from MN) and it sure is a trencher in the meadows. I attributed it to the weight but after reading the Viper post it makes me wonder?

The Viper has that issue due to a very weak front skid shock spring installed from the factory. I can't say it wouldn't help, but the Apex doesn't suffer from the same mechanical issue.

Back when I ran an Apex we made the front shocks stiff and the front skid shock stiff and the rear shock soft to get a lot of transfer to keep the front end up. But at the end of the day the Apex is just too heavy for Colorado powder snow....in my opinion.

Premium Features