• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Viper turbo lost all power during idle

X
Oct 8, 2009
I was wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. I was finishing up some updates to my turbo 2015 sr viper and needed to heat cycle to the motor to top off the coolant level. I started the sled outside and it idled for about 30 seconds to a minute. Then out of nowhere the sled stopped running. I tried to restart the sled and found no power by turning the key. I do not have power for anything...gauge, key, hard wired air to water pump, fan, etc. To test for power in the system, I shorted the two posts on the solenoid and it turned the starter over. No fuses are blown and all ground wires and connections look fine. When I test the lithium battery, it passes with flying colors. I am not sure if there is a main fuse in the harness somewhere I cannot see. I am out of ideas and wanted to see if anyone has experienced something similar. My other idea is to test the relays. However, I am not sure if that is beneficial. I do not know where the gauge or key gets power from since I lose the power connection in the harness. My next move is to take it to a dealer or give up for a while since school starts again next week.

Also, does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2015 SR Viper?

Premium Features