• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Geo-referenced Snowy Range Map

B

Bergie

Apr 28, 2013
Omaha,NE
*** UPDATED VERSION ***

So I created a new Garmin Custom Map for this year. Enjoy
2014 Snowy Range Custom Map

I Geo-referenced a 2014 WYO Trails PDF map usng Google Earth and Garmin Base Camp (wyotrails.state.wy.us)

I also integrated an older KMZ file from WYGISC (Snowmobile_Trails.KMZ)

And all the way-points have been independently verified with with actual GPS coordinates from Google Maps

I'm still looking for a list (GPS coordinates) of popular spots within Snowy Range (i.e Widow Maker, Rollercoaster, etc)

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
The Rollercoaster is medicine bow river that feeds into north gap lake. The widowmaker is right where medicine bow river meets north gap lake

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
I can't give you the spot but the warming hut would be a good one.

Seven fools would be good to mark

B

Bergie

Apr 28, 2013
Omaha,NE

Bigbone

You need to download "Base-camp" from Garmin. Make sure your GPS and Base-camp are talking to each other. Then open up the Custom Map and "load to device"

or

In the dialog box that appears, find the drive for your connected
handheld device and save³ your custom map in the
/Garmin/CustomMaps/ directory. Save the file in KMZ format.
Your custom map will appear as part of the map on your Garmin
outdoor handheld device.

B

bigbone

Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
Bigbone

You need to download "Base-camp" from Garmin. Make sure your GPS and Base-camp are talking to each other. Then open up the Custom Map and "load to device"

or

outdoor handheld device.

I'll give that a try, Thanks

M
Sep 14, 2010
iowa
*** UPDATED VERSION ***

So I created a new Garmin Custom Map for this year. Enjoy
2014 Snowy Range Custom Map

I Geo-referenced a 2014 WYO Trails PDF map usng Google Earth and Garmin Base Camp (wyotrails.state.wy.us)

I also integrated an older KMZ file from WYGISC (Snowmobile_Trails.KMZ)

And all the way-points have been independently verified with with actual GPS coordinates from Google Maps

I'm still looking for a list (GPS coordinates) of popular spots within Snowy Range (i.e Widow Maker, Rollercoaster, etc)

Hey bergie first I want to say thanks for posting this. but one question how did you get this on to your gps. I have a garmin rino 650. But every time I load it from basecamp to my gps it says the file is to large.

B

bigbone

Nov 26, 2007
Iowa
Bigbone

or

outdoor handheld device.

I got your map in my custom map box but when I try to send it to my gps I get a error code that says cannot send maps -Maximum resolution per image 1 megapixels maximum size per image 3mb any help would be great, I'm not very good with computers.

I
Feb 22, 2015
NW Iowa
I took the map that Bergie created and made it a garmin .IMG map.

If anyone has the full paid version of Mapwel let me know, I made it routeable I just don't have the advanced version to export it.

edited to add: I have it routeable now.

Last edited:
Premium Features