• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Decent gas can option and question

U

UPsnowbiker

Oct 29, 2014
U.P. of Michigan
Works with TSS. I fully compressed it to make sure.

Skidoo product. Really nice mounting and release system. I just made an aluminum plate that is clamped on to the front spindle of the TS gas can mount rack. The skidoo mount is bolted to that plate. It cost $120. Shifts the weight of the gas a little further forward. Could be mounted even further forward if you didn't have TSS. It's not exactly as nice looking as the Yeti can but it looks pretty good. 2.9 gallons.

Leaves me with plenty of room to come up with a nice tunnel bag set up. This leads to my question. Do the plastic spindles for the gas can rack provide any structural strength to the tunnel? I,m thinking little if any. I want to remove the rear one to allow for a flat surface to mount some kind of tunnel bag. May use gas can ratchet strap in that location.

U

UPsnowbiker

Oct 29, 2014
U.P. of Michigan
I suppose could be an issue the way I'm pretty sure most of us beat these things. I tend to beat up my hand guards the most.

It overhangs a little but I don't think I contact trees very often at that point of the bike. I'd be happy to prove you guys right if we ever get snow here!

Premium Features