• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Review of new Nytro SkidPlate from Roest Racing!

AaronBND

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2005
Cascade Mnts, OR.
So I just got one of these new SkidPlates from Roest Racing and wanted to give a fair review of it here! The quality is superb. I was amazed at the attention to detail put into their products. It is 3/16" aluminum, powdercoated matte black so the snow doesn't stick to it at all and totally replaces the cheap plastic stock piece under there. They are machined to fit like a glove. Honestly it is better than most OEM items on the sled (this is sad). One thing I noticed that surprised me, was they give 2 ways of mounting it to the sled for you to choose. I like options! I got one of the new vents from them a couple months ago (have bought 3 since for friends) and knew the quality would be good when I ordered this from them. They is selling them faster than they can make them, but they are suppose to have more ready by this Thursday and he said they will be on the site by then for ordering online. I will be ordering 2 more for friends! Great product at $159.

Aaron

P.S. I stole this picture from "Hornet" on here because I haven't taken any of mine yet.

SkidplateBlk.jpg

Last edited:

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
So what are the 2 options??

The 2 mounting options he is referring to refers to the front half of the skidplate. You can either mount it to the frame tubes with 4 fasteners, or to the center gusset plate with 2 fasteners. We figured some people might not like the former option (use this on my personal sled) so we incorporate both options in the skidplate. The 2 fastener option requires that you have an updated or aftermarket gussetted subframe.

Skidplate Blk.jpg Proto 6H.jpg

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Looks good and clean. I reallly like how it is sleek and flush with everything. The OEM skid plates don't look as tight.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Here's why you need something better than what the factory offers. OEM piece is still out there somewhere. Was this guy lucky or what!??

Need skidplate.jpg

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
If your going to cut lumber, you should use a saw or an axe. Not the front of your sled!:eek:
Unless you ride an Apex. Then it's ok!!:D

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Do you half to have your OEM skidplate under this one, or can you lose it in the hills somewhere and then put this one on HA HA?
You can lose it in the hills like several of us have lol this skid plate replaces your stock skid plate completely.:D

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I assume this is easily removeable for doing oil changes? I ask because it looks like it is riveted on in the pictures.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Clean looking skid plate!
IMO all Nytros should run a skid plate, the oil pan is really close to the bottom of the sled.
One good hit on big rock, could ruin a guy's day.

Oil sump is target #1, Front heat exchanger is target #2. Either one of these can argueably write your sled off if taken out.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I assume this is easily removeable for doing oil changes? I ask because it looks like it is riveted on in the pictures.

Easily removeable, fastened with M6 fasteners, not the rivets you mentioned. The stainless rivets hold on spacer plates.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Bought my skidplate today.
Looking forward to it arriving at the end of the week.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hoping to see mine arrive tomorrow!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

autopro

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2006
Vancouver Island BC
Roest skid plate

Just ordered 2 yesterday.This will replace the Skinz float plate I currently have. I really like the look and fit of this skid plate. Looking forward to the install.
Autopro

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hoping the mailman comes early so I can get it on today, and take it up to Island Park for a ride tomorrow.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
Hoping the mailman comes early so I can get it on today, and take it up to Island Park for a ride tomorrow.

I thought for sure you would have received it yesterday. I'm sure you will like it and it installs really quick.

Premium Features