• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 IQ Front Bumper Upgrade!

D
Oct 12, 2008
A float plate is larger and offers all the protection of a traditional skid plate plus much more. The idea of the Float Plate is to smooth out the bottom of the sled covering any openings and providing better flotation.

what do you think about ftxm's bumper with integrated skid plate? of course i would like a non biased opinion, if possible.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
what do you think about ftxm's bumper with integrated skid plate? of course i would like a non biased opinion, if possible.

I can't comment on the FTXM's bumper/skid plate as I don't think I've ever seen it before.

also... how does the skinz plate attach?

Skinz float plate attaches with 4 rivets on the bottom and 3 screws in the nose of the sled.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
hey bud,

like i said not many people have made any comments on that bumper..but i did talk to Curtis at fastrax today about some other stuff and he was a really nice guy..they have a snowest profile, try searching for them and ask away..or email curtis..
curtis bleile (tricksleds@hotmail.com)

but look at the reviews from Skinz bumper, and Treedogs..really GREAT products and the best people you will deal with..period!!

but if you get the FSTRX bumper..fill everyone else in..we all need the initial "jump" HA!

D
Oct 12, 2008
hey bud,

like i said not many people have made any comments on that bumper..but i did talk to Curtis at fastrax today about some other stuff and he was a really nice guy..they have a snowest profile, try searching for them and ask away..or email curtis..
curtis bleile (tricksleds@hotmail.com)

but look at the reviews from Skinz bumper, and Treedogs..really GREAT products and the best people you will deal with..period!!

but if you get the FSTRX bumper..fill everyone else in..we all need the initial "jump" HA!

thnkx guido, i appreciate you help...

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Mine is coming this week. Can't wait to get it cause I destroyed my stock one and Poo has them on backorder until 1/23/09 ship date at the earliest.

I'm sure it's just as easy to install as the stock one. Go look how it mounts, very simple. Although there is getting all the rivets out to swap over bumpers. Had to take out rivets on the belly pan, hood mount bracket, hood cables, & shield. I took off the hood just to make it easier on me taking out the bumper. Hood is easy to take off with 2 bolts and the electrical harness. If you're not too good at taking rivets out I'd take it to someone else. You usually can get them out just by drilling, but sometimes it takes a bit more ;)

Last edited:
Premium Features