For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: GEN 1 and older 1998 and older, all models in the Gen 1 Indy chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2017, 01:32 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Ethan Endres is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Polaris Skis Fit all Polaris? Polaris RXL

Hi, I recently purchased a 1991 Polaris 650 RXL SKS, I was wondering if all Polaris skis are compatible with this sled because i am wanting to upgrade to plastic. Any other ideas on how to lighten this specific sled without investing too much would be great too, also its an old EFI so it has a battery even though its not an electric start.

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 09-30-2017, 07:07 AM
volcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond reputevolcano buster has a reputation beyond repute

I bolted Polaris plastic skis to my '93 440 and '94 Indy Lite so your RXL should be similar.

Old 10-01-2017, 10:06 PM
sno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond reputesno*jet has a reputation beyond repute

if the hood is the old fiberglass, you can put a newer plastic blend on and the nosecone (lighter). stay away from 97-98 domestic twin hoods those suck (brittle). take out the useless gauges and speedo cable and toss those in the garbage. i like to toss the whole headlight assembly. if you can do that without messing with the intake, bingo, next take the steel front hinges and mounting hardware off and re-locate those to the garbage can. find a lighter tie down method. i use edge hood straps frenched into the nosecone that stretch to a tab on the hood right where the stock hinges used to go. works great. just toss hood off to side easily when you need access, like all the new sleds.
remove swaybar unless you trail ride a lot.
look at your hyfax wear and see if theres some bogies you could do without.
love those RXLs!

Last edited by sno*jet; 10-01-2017 at 10:28 PM.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:31 AM
VTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond reputeVTMTcowboy has a reputation beyond repute

I bolted a pair of Sidehiller 2 skis onto my 90 Indy 500 a few years back and worked well. I think the biggest limitation is the suspension as there aren't too many options left for the old Indy's. I know a few companies used to make some carbon fiber hoods and trailing arms back in the day. Those parts got to be available through forums, eBay, or Craigslist. Its cool to see others keeping the Indy chassis alive! Good luck.