• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Different style/brand engine fix kits?

S
Nov 23, 2013
Hi guys, first post the site! I have searched the web for this question but didn't succeed. My question is, is there a difference between the fix kits that are made for the 08-10 rmk 800's? Reason i ask, i have an 09 with the fix kit and stickers on the airbox and paperwork to show it but i was looking online at aftermarket fix kits and they come with a .250" spacer plate to allow for the taller pistons and with the extra crankcase room with that comes an extra 6hp. Well i looked at my sled and it doesnt look like it has that spacer plate. Im thinking about doing a top end on my sled but may get a whole fix kit from someone that gives me an extra 6hp if i dont already have that. Thank you!

P
Aug 14, 2011
Duluth, MN
Welcome to SnoWest!

I believe the RK Tek fix kit design did not include a taller pison and spacer. Still, people have had success with them and the better quality pistons from them may have increased compression, restoring the horsepower loss which is a gain IMO!

I am also running MTK kit from PMS Polaris that does have a taller piston and spacer. 1200 miles on the fix kit, 3000 total, still going strong!:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features