• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Experience Points

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I'm just curious how this points system works? You don't have to go into detail. I was bored so I checked out my profile and saw that I lost a little over 1000 points. How does this happen and who decides if this happens?

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I've always wondered that too. I suppose it's so people can feel good about how many points they're making on snowest. There's just no rhyme or reason to the points and how they're earned. Curiosity got the best of me on this one.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Hey Christopher, can you give a brief explantion to us on what the purpose of the experience points is and how it works. I'm sure there is probably an answer on here somewhere already, but I'm too lazy to search for it! :face-icon-small-coo

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I guess no moderators can answer us? Sure would be nice to know

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The system has a way of evaluating the posts, lurking, views and all kids of stuff you do. And how often you log in.

It gives you levels and rankings based on them.

M

mtsummitx

Nov 26, 2007
Billings, MT
Hey Chris, ok so I scanned through your link and have a better understanding of how it works. But I still don't understand what exactly is the point of the points system??? I didn't read all the posts in there, but never did see what the overall goal is. In other words, where's the sausage??? (see I did read some of your posts in there :)

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND
I read through some of it also and still don't understand how a person losees 1000 points? I've been respectful and tried to help with what I can and haven't gotten into any keyboard wars. I haven't had any posts rated negative. I noticed I gained 1500 or so the day before and the next day I lost 1000. Did the system just give me too many and decided to take them back? Once again I don't want to make a big stink about it since it doesn't really matter or count for anything, I'm just trying to understand the system since I'm a lifer and will be on here for awhile. Thanks in advance

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I read through some of it also and still don't understand how a person losees 1000 points? I've been respectful and tried to help with what I can and haven't gotten into any keyboard wars. I haven't had any posts rated negative. I noticed I gained 1500 or so the day before and the next day I lost 1000. Did the system just give me too many and decided to take them back? Once again I don't want to make a big stink about it since it doesn't really matter or count for anything, I'm just trying to understand the system since I'm a lifer and will be on here for awhile. Thanks in advance
The only way to loose points, in general, is for someone to give you NEGATIVE ratings on your posts.

If a heavy hitter on SnoWest decides he really doesn't like something you had to say, he can click on the SCALES ICON and give you Negative Rep. That can have an instant impact on your scrore.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey Chris, ok so I scanned through your link and have a better understanding of how it works. But I still don't understand what exactly is the point of the points system??? I didn't read all the posts in there, but never did see what the overall goal is. In other words, where's the sausage??? (see I did read some of your posts in there :)

There is no real point to it.
Its all just for fun.
The bars let you take a quick glance and see how ACTIVE another member is.

Is this a guy that is LURKING and only comes out of the shadows once in a while, or is he an ACTIVE PARTICIPATING member of the forum.

Trashy

⚙️
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2003
Sherwood Park, Ab, Canada

There I just tripled your points...! :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features