• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New flash

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
A
Nov 26, 2007
My sled is running great with the pc. I will be waiting to find out what exact changes have been made. I doubt it if they will have got he fuel perfect for best performance. Probably just enough to stop the midrange lean stumble and piston issues.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
My sled is running great with the pc. I will be waiting to find out what exact changes have been made. I doubt it if they will have got he fuel perfect for best performance. Probably just enough to stop the midrange lean stumble and piston issues.

Most likely true, but that is enough for me. As if it does help/fix and not optimize, it will save me form buying a PCV for each sled and an Autotune to share=$600.00 ish.

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
From Polaris
Polaris has revised calibrations loaded in the latest version of Digital Wrench for the 800. Dealers should expect a formal communication on Thursday 1-14-2010 explaining specifics on what the new calibration addresses.
So I guess we wait until tommorrow

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Most likely true, but that is enough for me. As if it does help/fix and not optimize, it will save me form buying a PCV for each sled and an Autotune to share=$600.00 ish.

Looking at Polaris history, a OEM map that runs well and produces 154hp is wishful thinking.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
PCV owners - Don't get the update and then run your PCV map. Your PCV map is an alteration to the map that is currently on your sled. Your are likely to be very lean up top if Polaris leaned out for more HP.

So I just ordered one from Jim yesterday, found out about and had updated this new flash today. What now? Do I call Jim and let him know before he ships it so he can figure out what map to use or come up with a new one??? S#!T, I mean CRAP!

J

jim9006

Sep 7, 2008
Cle Elum WA
home.comcast.net
Looking at Polaris history, a OEM map that runs well and produces 154hp is wishful thinking.

LOL...What he said.. I'd say don't be the first kid on the block to get the update. Besides you think for one minute Jim and the boyz are going to stop suppling maps just because Polaris puts out a new base map?

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Jim with Dyno Tech said he will have one on the dyno with the new map next week and send me mine with a "moderate" map loaded and let me know what he finds out after testing. Fscheew! That had me scared for a second.

2007dragonman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
South dakota
remap

just remapped 3 sleds tested them out in the tree rows. Idled much better and ran much smoother and cleaner. Worked awesome!!!

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
New pistons in my 09 Assault today. Took off PC5 and put back to stock including the new Poo silencer. New flash. 20F @ 1000'. 50 mi. with break in fuel. Idled fine. Ran all through the power band fine. Crisp throttle. Very slight stumble @ 6200 once. DET flashed quick once around 7300. Peak RPM 8300. Restart was hard once. Rest of ride, no problem. All in all, I think I am back to having a workable platform here. I'll burn the rest of the break-in fuel out and one tank of 91 and report back.

A
Dec 11, 2007
Let's see how much closer to 154hp we'll be at with this one.

Guess I still need to break down and get the PCV from Jim, just don't want a faulty VR to burn up my investment.

Man, Never seen a VR burn out a main jet!!! This SUX!!!:D

allied1

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
SE ND
Yes, it's the latest and greatest........or so someone at Poo thinks anyway.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Any new update ride reports yet?

Just waiting to hear how the newest, latest, improved update has worked so far for anyone...................................................................................?

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
what weight & how many grams you running to see those r's??

I'm running 68's right now. Snapped my steering post today as well, :rolleyes: having to much fun with it I guess. :rolleyes: Once that is back up and running I'll try 66 gram weights and see how it runs. That's what I had in it before, and it topped out at 8200 when it still ran good before the PCV. Both sets of weights are polaris 10 series weights.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Even if Polaris puts out a good map, you can still use the PCV to switch to an alternate leaner (or richer) map. My switch is on the way and I'm pumped to put a map on that will produce more HP (but be more tempermental). The switch will allow me to keep the sled from running lean all day.

mountaintop

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2008
Has anyone used this map on a turbo d8 yet? Having a hard time getting the bottom end lean enough at r's less than 5500. Wondering if this is the ticket being that I am unable to cut fuel with my current box.

Premium Features