• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yet another clutching thread... SLP pipe

motocrazy2006

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Williamsburg, Iowa
Bought a left over '18 Pro 800.

Sled will be rode in the Snowys and Tog. Possibly the U.P.... being from the midwest.

Stock motor, thinking of adding the slp full pipe, and then maybe the head next season.

Looking at clutching, was thinking going slp, but don't want riveted weights.

Leaning towards going with Indy Specialty kit. Mountain primary only. Means slp only suggests leaving secondary stock with there stage 2 and 3 kits...

Any better options?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I ran the IS full kit with a Bikeman pipe, ran good. Held R's and belt stayed cool.

Also rode a Carls clutched sled with an SLP pipe, it ripped. Might be worth giving them a call.

I also think the stock clutching works good, and heavier weights might be as good of option as anything.

Buchholz56

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2013
Dayton, MN
I’ve got 3 800’s all running slp single pipe (w/ stock heads), blue/pink primary spring with one Delrin washer and belly buster adjustable weights (magnet style) and have been very happy with the setup, two have over 1000 miles with zero issues. I also changed the secondary springs too but will have to look up what it was switched to. I run just under 74g in the UP and 63g in tog. All 3 run consistantly in the 8350-8450 range wot and all are still on original belts. Great bottom end punch and great back shift.

Premium Features