• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boondocker new turbocharger

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Tyler, I'd like to see some factually substantiated information.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Several folks associated with Silber have a lot of interest in this thread.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 25 (11 members and 14 guests)
Scott*, blacklabel28, Boston Racing, dttrusko, M8Chris, minus40, mountainhorse*+, Silber, sledmann21, Spaarky+, Wheel House Motorsports

Members who have read this thread : 139
05900, 10003514, 4ftdeep, ADDIE, ak, AKFULLTHROTTLE, Al P., amunro, Antsa, arctic viper, asker, B2, BatBusa, bcsnowdog, BeartoothBaron, Bedhead, beenstuck, big scott, bkm20x, blacklabel28, Blk88GT, Boston Racing, bucky919, Bushman900, Bushwacker1, cacsrx1, CaptNCoke, cascadesnowjunky, cdadragon, CHAZWILDMAN, ChickenMan, chrisco, christopher, Chuuute man, CLN1979, csutherlin, d8grandpa, Dabull, dgiles, die hard poo, dps, dttrusko, Dubaudi, duggrant, Elkaholic4life, ewanaburner, FatDogX, freerideordie, FriscoProx, ghost rider, gmustangt, goontwo, goridedoo, hellsa, Hellsledder, huhner5, JJ_0909, JoBoo, jrt574, jrt6457, justinkredible56, Karl65, kfaz123, kmj299, kootenayrider, L. Perry, LANGER, live2beel, M8Chris, malmhagen, Marty UT*, Mattmongeon23, Meboosta, minus40, Monster Max, Mossimoto, moto man, mountainhorse*, mt.sledder, mtn-doo, mtnclimber19, mtnoak31, MTNTK, muel, ndfb35, niner, nuttyn01, Nytroty, pankyy340, powwow, prorideupper800, PuddyCat, pus1100, revrider07, RHODESIE, richracer1, Ride_The_Rockies, ridgelinerunner, Rocky, rubymountainrider, Scott*, Sickbuild, Silber, Skidoox, sledhead Ed, sledhed, sledmann21, sleeper, Snowman.PRO., snowracer21, southshore, Spaarky, sprint, STAGE 1, standup06, strunkster, tangerine_sky, tdbaugha, tdorval, TheBreeze, tmberro, TomppaM, tree1, TRS, turbo218, turboless terry, twaage, Uncle Bob, vbx, Visi, walker1328, wang11, wenatchee t, Wheel House Motorsports, willjogervais, Yaeger34, zachs boat lift, zal, zx4ever

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Several folks associated with Silber have a lot of interest in this thread.

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 25 (11 members and 14 guests)
Scott*, blacklabel28, Boston Racing, dttrusko, M8Chris, minus40, mountainhorse*+, Silber, sledmann21, Spaarky+, Wheel House Motorsports

Members who have read this thread : 139
05900, 10003514, 4ftdeep, ADDIE, ak, AKFULLTHROTTLE, Al P., amunro, Antsa, arctic viper, asker, B2, BatBusa, bcsnowdog, BeartoothBaron, Bedhead, beenstuck, big scott, bkm20x, blacklabel28, Blk88GT, Boston Racing, bucky919, Bushman900, Bushwacker1, cacsrx1, CaptNCoke, cascadesnowjunky, cdadragon, CHAZWILDMAN, ChickenMan, chrisco, christopher, Chuuute man, CLN1979, csutherlin, d8grandpa, Dabull, dgiles, die hard poo, dps, dttrusko, Dubaudi, duggrant, Elkaholic4life, ewanaburner, FatDogX, freerideordie, FriscoProx, ghost rider, gmustangt, goontwo, goridedoo, hellsa, Hellsledder, huhner5, JJ_0909, JoBoo, jrt574, jrt6457, justinkredible56, Karl65, kfaz123, kmj299, kootenayrider, L. Perry, LANGER, live2beel, M8Chris, malmhagen, Marty UT*, Mattmongeon23, Meboosta, minus40, Monster Max, Mossimoto, moto man, mountainhorse*, mt.sledder, mtn-doo, mtnclimber19, mtnoak31, MTNTK, muel, ndfb35, niner, nuttyn01, Nytroty, pankyy340, powwow, prorideupper800, PuddyCat, pus1100, revrider07, RHODESIE, richracer1, Ride_The_Rockies, ridgelinerunner, Rocky, rubymountainrider, Scott*, Sickbuild, Silber, Skidoox, sledhead Ed, sledhed, sledmann21, sleeper, Snowman.PRO., snowracer21, southshore, Spaarky, sprint, STAGE 1, standup06, strunkster, tangerine_sky, tdbaugha, tdorval, TheBreeze, tmberro, TomppaM, tree1, TRS, turbo218, turboless terry, twaage, Uncle Bob, vbx, Visi, walker1328, wang11, wenatchee t, Wheel House Motorsports, willjogervais, Yaeger34, zachs boat lift, zal, zx4ever

...why wouldn't we? Should we instead bury our heads in the sand? Not sure your point here...

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Bringing the popcorn is fine.
Poking the bear and stirring the pot isn't.

Please explain Scott? Not sure where anyone directly affiliated with Silber is poking or stirring? You posting the whole bit about the fact we are paying attention, alone, is a bit strange to me.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Its about time they have a turbo made for a two stroke it's been like 4 or 5 years of useing a old design. If you don't move forward with innovation you are left behind. The advancements in this field are huge. Reason the side kick being made was due to competition. It great if it's North America built if not consumers will still buy it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Please explain Scott? Not sure where anyone directly affiliated with Silber is poking or stirring? You posting the whole bit about the fact we are paying attention, alone, is a bit strange to me.
Sure looks like MEBOOSTA is a SILBER EMPLOYEE to us..

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
...and he's poking and prodding how? There is so much irony to this place anymore...

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
...and he's poking and prodding how? There is so much irony to this place anymore...

The intention of this thread is what?
The original title states that it's a Chinese-made turbo.

Isn't the original post basically claiming that BD is lying?

Posting that it's a Chinese and essentially saying that BD is missleading the buyers isn't poking the bear?

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Bringing the popcorn is fine.
Poking the bear and stirring the pot isn't.

I am sure you guys also see the deleted comments and you saw that I had posted something very professional. I then deleted it in a decision not to feed the bear.

You would be hard pressed to say those deleted comments were meant to stir the pot.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Deleted posts aren't visible, therefore aren't stirring the pot.
;)

Ricks 32

Premium Member
Aug 26, 2008
Idaho
I don't have any facts as to where these turbos come from, but I'm confident in BD putting out quality products in every aspect of the kit. I do know that BD has been playing with different turbos since at least 2016. I'm fortunate to ride with some of the BD guys and I'll ride a sled and provide my feedback (without knowing what changes have been made). BD has been using the Garrett product for years with great success, and I'd bet they can still get you a Garrett if you wanted. I know of three different turbo versions that I've rode and they all performed differently. Some were very mild and smooth, others were very responsive, almost violent.

I'm just an average Joe who rides a lot. There are many more influential riders who ride these same sleds and provide their feedback. From the some of the most dominant guys on the hillclimb circuit to the best backcountry guys on the snow, BD isn't going to settle for anything inferior just to make a buck or increase a profit margin. Those guys aren't going to post their comments on this forum, but their results speak for themselves.

When big time paydays depend on split-second results on the race course, BD racers demand the best and won't settle for anything inferior...and I know that Burandt guy is pretty fussy about his setup too...:face-icon-small-win

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
BD had to do something to compete in the turbo price wars. The turbo is the highest cost part of the kit and Garrett’s are pretty pricey. I’m surprised it took them this long to come up with a lower cost unit. Doesn’t really matter where it’s made as long as it works and is reliable. I’d say probably a good portion of your Polaris sled is manufactured over seas. My guess is this turbo costs them about 1/2 what a Garrett was costing them. We have been pushing for lower cost turbo kits for years.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
BD had to do something to compete in the turbo price wars. The turbo is the highest cost part of the kit and Garrett’s are pretty pricey. I’m surprised it took them this long to come up with a lower cost unit. Doesn’t really matter where it’s made as long as it works and is reliable. I’d say probably a good portion of your Polaris sled is manufactured over seas. My guess is this turbo costs them about 1/2 what a Garrett was costing them. We have been pushing for lower cost turbo kits for years.

Hmmm, I agree but if that truly is the case then why are they still listed at 4600.00 ???

J

JJ_0909

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 16, 2009
Hmmm, I agree but if that truly is the case then why are they still listed at 4600.00 ???

Pricing across the board is going up (Tariffs not helping). Margins are being squeezed regardless who you are these days.

Not commenting on the turbo, why they did it bla bla bla for obvious reasons. But I am in a place to say "snowmobiling is going to get more expensive".

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Pricing across the board is going up (Tariffs not helping). Margins are being squeezed regardless who you are these days.

Not commenting on the turbo, why they did it bla bla bla for obvious reasons. But I am in a place to say "snowmobiling is going to get more expensive".

I think it’s safe to safe.....life in general is continually getting more expensive!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD

The new kit is set up very similar to the old ST kit. Extra injectors, new more complex electronics, new turbo, more flexibility. The only thing you are missing is the intercooler.

The biggest advantage of the new turbo is it allows them to build what they want. They can make a top notch kit even better. They can build what turbo junkies have always wanted. Right now we have been forced to use turbos from the auto world. They are not intended for powersports. They could make turbos that are lighter, quicker spooling, adjustable vain, you name it. The possibilities are endless. I believe this introductory turbo is just the tip of the iceberg.

Premium Features