• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alpha Modifications?

Z
Apr 26, 2017
So I just pickup up and Arctic Cat Alpha One 154. Extremely excited about it but looking to upgrade a few stock parts. So looking for some input from guys who got alpha's or ran an 18 last year.

1. Looking to get a can to lose some weight. Don't need something extremely loud. What did guys run on 18's without having bog's/hesitations. Any experience with Diamond S? HPS? GGB Trail?

2. Also want to add a front bumper for better protection. Thinking B&M Fabrications.

Outside of that, what do you guys recommend and what are you doing? TKI belt drive, ski's, etc.? Easily have $1500 worked into my budget, but can go above and beyond that.

Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it! Hope everyone else is as stoked for winter as I am!!

Last edited:

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
For me personally I'd do: TKI Belt drive, Can, Y pipe, Timing Key, Clutching and Running boards. That should take care of your budget. Also pretty interested in the BDX Pipe Mod if the gains are as good as I've heard without a fuel controller.

BM Fab is a great option for front bumper but I've had good luck with the cat accessories as well if you can get your dealer to give you a break with your purchase.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Heads up guys, Arctic Cat changes the driveshaft once again for 2019. They went back to the old spline size so I am assuming that means back to the steel driveshaft. The 18 TKI kit will work but needs an old style center hub for the bottom gear.

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Could that be different between the Alpha and regular Mtn Cat?
Heads up guys, Arctic Cat changes the driveshaft once again for 2019. They went back to the old spline size so I am assuming that means back to the steel driveshaft. The 18 TKI kit will work but needs an old style center hub for the bottom gear.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
GGB cans are a no, they had pretty bad exhaust bog habits all last winter on the few sleds I rode with. SLP has a killer note, not loud at all but still drops good weight. Also Diamond S an HPS always make nice setups, I just haven't rode with one on the new sleds yet.

BM fab builds a killer bumper, same with TKI for a belt drive setup.

Z
Apr 26, 2017
GGB cans are a no, they had pretty bad exhaust bog habits all last winter on the few sleds I rode with. SLP has a killer note, not loud at all but still drops good weight. Also Diamond S an HPS always make nice setups, I just haven't rode with one on the new sleds yet.

Thank you for the input! That's about what I've heard about ggb. Their trail can sounds nice but I don't want to fight a bog. Haven't heard much about Diamond S or HPS. HPS is a little louder I think, but isn't obnoxious at an idle. Interested it getting one of the two at this point!

Awesome. BM fab bumper is happening and TKI belt drive if I can swing it!

B
Nov 1, 2015
I ran a MVM belt drive on my 18 also the bikeman full velocity muffler. I really liked the sound not obnoxious at all. I am selling the can if your interested it’s the ceramic coated one!

U

Uncle Bob

Feb 15, 2011
I ran a MVM belt drive on my 18 also the bikeman full velocity muffler. I really liked the sound not obnoxious at all. I am selling the can if your interested it’s the ceramic coated one!

What gear ratio did you go with. And where you happy with it

Vertical-Extreme

Lifetime Membership
Sep 15, 2008
Airdrie, Alberta
www.airdriejudo.ca
Anyone thinking about the wyo /kmod steering mod on the alpha or will it not be needed?
I've ran a post forward on all my sleds since 2015 but I'm strongly thing about giving the stock steering set up another try...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Tilt the riser forward till is at 90° to the floor and ride it.
Do not leave it inline with the post.

GGB Exhaust

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2015

Thank you for the input! That's about what I've heard about ggb. Their trail can sounds nice but I don't want to fight a bog. Haven't heard much about Diamond S or HPS. HPS is a little louder I think, but isn't obnoxious at an idle. Interested it getting one of the two at this point!

Awesome. BM fab bumper is happening and TKI belt drive if I can swing it!

If you are having any issues with our exhaust, please call us. We have a 2-year manufacturer warranty on all our exhaust. We have a 100% customer satisfaction on all our products.

Premium Features