• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

TRS Indy highbred

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
II have Tonys set up and happy with it. I rode a buddies sled that has a home built turbo with a Indy Mountain 1 helix. It pulled pretty good so I decided to order 1 up. John recommended a sec spring to try with it. Oh boy does it really pull hard. Night and day. It is still super smooth engagement. No more revy feeling. I thought I would share my findings. It truly is an arm stretcher now.

#7 straight av gas.. 3000-6000ft Pulls 8300-8350 consistently. Never an issue since new.

76 lightning wts. old school.

pri, almond gold poo spring.150-290

sec, black spring from Indy. Stock poo spring I believe. Its light.

Indy Mountain 1 helix.

Last edited:

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
It's a silber on a 2017 axys. No sparky. The spring has been re painted black. John told me it was a lighter spring than what I was running. I also when back to stock gearing. I think going up 2 teeth on the top gear was asking a little much. Belt was glazing and showing signs of heat. Torn 1 belt a little on a long bumpy on off pull. It felt like a flat spot when you forget to release ebrake. Since going back to stock gearing no glazing of the belt, no black marks in the sheaves ( never was an issue ) and dust is nearly nonexistent after 4-5 rides. Since the change my top speed went up to 81mph from 76mph. A 174-3" shouldn't go that fast across the lake in freshy. Still super responsive in the tree's on off throttle. Definitely more track speed down low. I'm having to cover the brake more and better throttle control to keep the speed over ground down. I've tried alot of different set ups helping give some input on this subject thanks to some of the guys on the TRS clutching pages. This is by far the most arm stretcher I've come up with yet since the 2016-17 season. I hope some try this and like it.

Thanks to all the guys I've poked and prodded with questions. Great group of guys on here. I have spare helix's and spring's if ya need something. I feel I've found my qwan. Hahahaha.

Premium Features