• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Big Boy" Torsion Springs on IQ: Inputs??

Thread Rating
4.00 star(s)
R

Rally2

Dec 2, 2007
Alberta
Here's an example of torsion spring spacers - pics poached from Dootalk website

Attachments

• P2_1.jpg
    P2_1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 31
  • P2_2.jpg
    P2_2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 38
  • P2_3.jpg
    P2_3.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 36

05 tmk 900

Jan 26, 2010
squamish
I know this is an older thread... I put the heaviest spring on my 166 track. By the time I am geared up and carrying a pair of skiis and a jerry can of gas I'm a fatty !!!
What an awesome difference. When it sits there it looks like it's on steroids !! still handles great, I just need to figure out how to keep it running !!!!

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
TTT

Tons of questions on this, and It's time to replace your sagging A$$..

Just wanna add...what curt and Eric mentioned on torsion spring recommendation is the KEY...if you don't install these exact springs, then that's on you and regardless of what your thoughts are...these spring setup is bar none the best and cheapest rear skid mod you can do..rant over.

Last edited:

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
does anyone know if these torsion springs actually have an angle or part number ON the spring itself...

and IF there is a number on the spring, can someone tell me what the .375/47 model springs have on them...PLEASE!!

for example, if you were buying a used set of springs. you cant just go off the model sled cause they come from the factory with 3 different torsion spring options...???

thanks for the help...

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Guido,
I've been told that the last three digits of the part number are stamped on the long end of the spring, but I don't have one in my garage to look at and verify. Or, you can measure the width/thickness of the spring coil for the first dimension (.375, .359, etc), but I'm not sure at what point you can measure the angle (.47*, .77*, etc). You're probably still overseas and don't have one in front of you either, so hopefully someone has one laying around and could verify for you.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
That makes perfect sense!!!

Yeh I am still in Korea for 40 More days..trying to get stuff lined up for my next sled build, so when I move to ALASKA I wont have to pay more in shipping, LOL...

I actually looking at some of these springs on eBay from older edge rmks where they came factory, but getting someone to measure the isn't an easy task sometimes, lol.

Thanks for the help as always!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J
Oct 27, 2015
I am new to slowest and the forum world and I know this thread is old but I am hoping I can get some help on this. In may I picked up a really nice all original 2006 switchback 600 HO with only 1800 miles. It had the perpetual sagging issues that I have read about so on the advice of this forum i upgraded the torsion springs to .375/47* and the 220 lb front shock spring. Now that it is back together I have the proper 5 inches of sit in on the middle spring tension but I noticed when I was not on the machine and it is sitting on the floor the rails seem to be lifted at the front. They sit down to what I would call the normal flat position once I am on the machine. Is this just a function of the more tension on the new springs extending the rear of the suspension out further or is something a miss???????

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
The factory rails are tipped in the front so this is normal and stock, it was like that before u did anything ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Go get the .405 Touring Springs

And Jack that Baby up

picture.php

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Have you pulled all the pivot tubes, cleaned, and regreased them? It will make the suspension work a lot better. Good time to pull the idler wheels off and carefully pull the side cover off the bearings and clean and regrease them as well.

Premium Features