• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PCV Map Database

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
What is your auto-tune doing? After further research, elevation shouldn't be a huge deal, the sled should adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
Just after engagement rpm (around 4500-6000 rpm) the engine runs real rough. It runs pretty smooth other than that and I gain about 100 rpm on the top end compared to the stock map. But what I dont understand is that when I look at the trims in the midrange there is up to 50 points of fuel added in some places and once in a while it will trip the det, but the stock map will not. How can this trip the det when it is adding more fuel in the midrange than the stock map? I am using the table from the Stoutner map which ranges from 13.5-12 AFR.

QUOTE=milehighassassin;2585504]What is your auto-tune doing? After further research, elevation shouldn't be a huge deal, the sled should adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
Just after engagement rpm (around 4500-6000 rpm) the engine runs real rough. It runs pretty smooth other than that and I gain about 100 rpm on the top end compared to the stock map. But what I dont understand is that when I look at the trims in the midrange there is up to 50 points of fuel added in some places and once in a while it will trip the det, but the stock map will not. How can this trip the det when it is adding more fuel in the midrange than the stock map? I am using the table from the Stoutner map which ranges from 13.5-12 AFR.

13.5 is plenty rich for down low, could be the reason for the rough running. As for the +50 and det light are you sure it's getting the fuel? Stick a LCD on or another gauge and read what the afr's are stock and your map. Hopefully that can help diagnose the issue.

C
Feb 11, 2010
I just got a power commander 5 im going to use with my 09 assault, its stock with latest (april?) flash. But i have no idea witch map to use, any ideas? From what i understand the april flash isnt that supported by slp/dtr and so on as the jan?

Anyone who knows what polaris did change in the april flash compared to the jan/stock?

B

Boondocker82

Sep 10, 2010
Onalaska, WI
I just got a power commander 5 im going to use with my 09 assault, its stock with latest (april?) flash. But i have no idea witch map to use, any ideas? From what i understand the april flash isnt that supported by slp/dtr and so on as the jan?

Anyone who knows what polaris did change in the april flash compared to the jan/stock?

Me too. Also wondering why we would need a separate map for elevation. Wouldn't the computer automatically adjust?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
Some Polaris Maps: remove the ".doc" before reading into Dynojet program. All these maps are for low elevation except where noted. The 70-216xxx maps are alternate versions of SLP's map from last year. I really like the way they do their map. The water temp enrich map needs the coolant temp analog hooked up to the PCV. This gets rid of the cold lean hiccup in a 700. I use the autotune but I also datalog and spend a lot of time reading the AFR on the dash to tune. On 800's, you'll find a stupid "lean" spot at 20% throttle and 5500-6000 - be careful as you probably don't need all that fuel there if the autotune added over 20%. If you don't get myopic here, then you will be able to dial things in faster. In general, just proceed like you are jetting a carb - get WOT fuel dialed to a safe AFR and then look at enhancing part throttle issues. I think I calculated that a 0.5 AFR change at WOT on a 800 is about a 2 jet size change so that gives you a reference when changing fueling values. YMMV.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2138565&postcount=123

Hey i need a little help. Maybe Im and idiot but I cant get the D7 Stock exhaust map to open in the PC program. It only wants to open in microsoft word. If anyone could coach me through this I would really appreciate it. Thanks

C

chunkysoup

Sep 23, 2009
Waterloo, WI
so can i just remove .doc and save it to my map file? then i will be able to open it in the pc software? or do i have to have a new link posted without the .doc?

T
Dec 25, 2012
hi there i have a 2009 dragon 800 , ive owned the sled for three years nowand have not had any re flashes from polaris since ive owned it , if there was an update i havent known about it. sled has an slp single pipe going too an slp can.
an slp intake (i believe ) i have just bought the pcv and cant seem too find anything about it, plugged in the cd and it basically told me too take it to a pro
anyone out there runnin my setup with a map they can share? i ride about 3000-8000ft

T

tahoermk

Nov 26, 2007
Tahoe
Call SLP they have a map for their pipe and can combo. They would probably just send it to you, or call Dyno Tech Jim. Search for him on here.

Premium Features