• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Redneck Racing.. The Fix for the 800 Dragons

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
No. Not 3000. If we had 3000 out there would be a hole lot less Polaris owners thinking about buying a skidoo. We currently have around 250 with more going out every day. When we found out that we had a few bad thermostats we started water bathing each one before we ship it just to make sure. So far we have not found any more. But we only pre test 100 at a time. When we get more orders we will test another 100 for shipping.
Thanks
T

O

Outlaw

Nov 27, 2007
Jackson Hole,WY
Testimonial

I ordered the redneck racing Gizmo as added protection for my modded 2010 Polaris Assault. I haven’t had any problems with the sled and it has been great, but since I had the cylinders ported and am running twins with a list of other mods I wanted the added protection of the Gizmo since my warranty was no longer going to cover motor failures. I have since put around 1000 miles on the sled and I have not had any issues, the cylinder walls look like new I have noticed that my temps are way more consistent and the sleds overall just rocks. I would recommend the “Gizmo” to any Polaris owner that is looking for the added piece of mind, protection and performance that the “Gizmo” provides.

Thank You for All of Your Help!! You guys are top notch and your Customer Support is TOP NOTCH!!

Respectfully,

Nick

Just one of many. I posted this one as he was the very first Customer to order and receive his kit. Nick is in the Army so when he comes home he does not want to have his sled in the shop.
Thanks
T

S

skitter

Feb 4, 2009
Just finished rebuilding my top end and installed the gizmo. Started the sled to let it idle for a while to purge air from the coolant lines and aid in the break in. Temps got to 125 just at idle, would shut the sled off for about 5 to 10 minutes, restart, and noticed the temp would right away go to 130 from heat soak and then to 105 all within about 10-15 seconds. Imagine what must be going on when your boon-docking and your tunnel is covered in snow you stop for 10 or 15 minutes fire up to head out with everyone else and grab a handful of throttle. After having several discussions with these guys at redneck racing I definately think their product is worth looking at. On one other note when I put the pistons back in, my piston wall clearance was
.005 on both cylinders, that's not a whole lot of clearance. For those of you bashing these guys on their product, did you bother to research and try something to help these sleds live? Nice thing about free will, no body is forcing you to buy their product

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
I too have talked to redneck racing or outlaw as he calls him self on this forum and even though I am not a believer in the gizmo due to the higher engine heat temps, outlaw is a very knowledable person and with in the 30 minute converation we had he gained my respect & trust. I also had a great conversation with him. There product may be on to something that no one else had ever even considered and time will tell.

Today in MN it was over 48 degrees when I rode back home on the trails with the ice scratchers down and my temps were over 150 with out the gizmo and I am concerned that if there was a gizmo installed the sled would of ran hotter and may of possibly overheated?

O

Outlaw525s

Nov 19, 2010
I too have talked to redneck racing or outlaw as he calls him self on this forum and even though I am not a believer in the gizmo due to the higher engine heat temps, outlaw is a very knowledable person and with in the 30 minute converation we had he gained my respect & trust. I also had a great conversation with him. There product may be on to something that no one else had ever even considered and time will tell.

Today in MN it was over 48 degrees when I rode back home on the trails with the ice scratchers down and my temps were over 150 with out the gizmo and I am concerned that if there was a gizmo installed the sled would of ran hotter and may of possibly overheated?

R44guy.. Hey on my sled i have been watching closelyy... in the powder.... boonedocking... pulling a sled behing you.. or even in a hard packed trail it was the same teperature.. mine is always at 145... and it dont matter if its 10 degrees out or here the other day 43 degress out... it always ran at that 145 degree mark and stayed there.. Put on 30 miles yesterday all hardpacked ditch banging at 70 mph it was always at 145... other riders that i rode with had the same temp all day and rode in the same conditions.. the thing i like about this kit is how consistant the temp is.. like a buddy of mine suffers from in powder hes at 120 and as soon as he hits harpacked with the scratchers down hes up to 160.... my sled is always consistant with the temperature of 145.. just some more info on the gizmo

owenbstory

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2008
north east oregon
Gismo Gimic

I had this redneck gismo on my 09 800, new motor lasted about 200 miles. The problem with these motors is clearance in the topend. Mine had .010" clearance on the piston skirts. Shame on you polaris! Fix the clearance issues, fix your problems period.

Premium Features