• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Sleds

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
LOVE the new front style, spring shocks in the rear to eliminate the torsion spring, but would bet it didn't get the motor issues taken care of. They would probably have the same patch on it as they have given all of us. It also looks like the running board rails are aluminum and would be more rigid than the bowed bastards on my sled. I hope they have better floor boards too. The old design sucks.

Maybe this is the motor fix? Anyone else see this?

Polaris Industries Announces Acquisition of Engine-Developer swissauto Powersports

Minneapolis— Polaris Industries today announced its acquisition of swissauto Powersports. Based in Burgdorf, Switzerland, swissauto has expertise in designing and developing high-performance and high-efficiency engines and innovative vehicles. The acquisition will further strengthen Polaris’ global engine and vehicle design capability while also enhancing the company’s European presence.

Founded in 1987, swissauto’s core capabilities are in development, prototyping and manufacturing of internal combustion engines. Polaris has a long history of working with swissauto. The high-performance, four-stroke Weber engine that Polaris uses in several current snowmobile models was developed by swissauto.

In addition to recreational vehicle engines, swissauto also has a strong tradition of developing top-tier racing engines for World Motorcycle GP. The company’s V4 2-stroke 500cc engine drove to 29 wins, 41 poles and 3 World Championships during the 1990s.

A completely new racing bike was also developed by swissauto and competed aggressively against larger Japanese OEMs during the late 1990s. This bike achieved the pole position twice during it’s first season of racing and ranked in the top ten several times.

“Swissauto has industry leading powertrain design and development capabilities and a strong understanding of turbo-charging and high-performance engines,” said Polaris Chief Executive Officer, Scott Wine. “This acquisition directly supports our stated objectives to be the best in powersports and a global market leader.”

Polaris acquired the powersports portion of swissauto and will continue to operate in the current swissauto facility located in Burgdorf, Switzerland. The automotive division of swissauto was not involved in this acquisition and will continue to operate autonomously

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
I still own a 03 RMK 800 159" and still own a 06 900 RMK 166" and ride with several 700 dragons and several 800 Dragons.
We ride 4000-7000 ft usually only real deep days. I am not sure if we are the only lucky ones..... knock on wood all these sleds have been running great.
Most people on this forum hate the 900 ..... but when setup right it still beats up on the new 800 out there.
Why did the 05-06 900 not have a fuel map problem? emission standards?
Since I have had luck with Polaris.... I will order one.... bring it on!
I hope 30lbs lighter and a 163" track ... whoo hoo!

t stone

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Bend, Or.
If they put the same 800, Walker Evans Shocks and running boards on it, someone at that company should get kicked in the junk.. (in a good christian way:face-icon-small-hap)

Dont forget to mention the stearing stem, voltage reg, ecu, lower a arms and track!

P

polhiker

Nov 2, 2002
Chinook,montana
I saw 5 of them sat here in seeley,mt we where all riding in 4 ft of pouder,got back to the parking lot and talked to the riders and reps,they are some sweet looking sleds,light too,they look alot like the rush w/o rear suspension,supose to have a new desighned rear skid,stronger running boards with alot bigger holes in the boards for the snow to get out.We will ride with them today again,wont be able to ride one till mon,they have 8 of them up here to test.

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I had decided to ride my 09 another year but I have the fever, it's the sled of my dreams.

Y
Sep 6, 2008
WORLD
www.brani.org
Polaris Industries Announces Acquisition of Engine-Developer swissauto Powersports

Minneapolis— Polaris Industries today announced its acquisition of swissauto Powersports. Based in Burgdorf, Switzerland, swissauto has expertise in designing and developing high-performance and high-efficiency engines and innovative vehicles. The acquisition will further strengthen Polaris’ global engine and vehicle design capability while also enhancing the company’s European presence.

that company is really good. good tech guys with years of experience building good engines.
i bet they will make the new 4stroke engine for polaris.
they also rebuild weber to a monster engine "weber - polaris" i know that combination sucks.

anyway i switch to arctic cat :)

Polaris 2011 pro RMK demo ride

We just rode the new 800 pro RMK sleds today in Island park, ID. and boy are they awesome!!! after riding this sled today I know Polaris will dominate the mountain in 2011. the handling is a ton better than the dragon if you can believe that!!! the sled is allot more ridged, so it lets the suspension really do it's job. it just response to every little input the rider gives it, it feels more predictable, and the ride even on the trail was 10 times smoother than the dragon. It really showed what it was made of while sidehilling, it was effortless, and due to the slimmer frame the track didn't try to slide out from under you. we were stopping and starting again, turning uphill and down on the sidehills like it was nothing.

I'm a lighter guy and i hate getting bounced around by iced up trenches on the hill I'm climbing, but this sled didn't even flinch when it hit the iced up trenches. It just went where i wanted to go as if there were no tracks on the hill. the throttle was clean all the way through, and somehow they've gotten some more power out of that 800 engine. (we got to look under the hoods but they wouldn't say anything about the engine other that what you can find out on their website.) Out of respect for the dealers they also wouldn't tell us anything about any other models, engine sizes, or track lengths; they are saving that information for the dealers meeting later on in the year. (we rode 800cc 155in)

Over all I think Polaris hit the bulls eye with this sled. Hands down the best sled they have ever made. I was really trying to find something to criticize and honestly, there was nothing i could find. Oh! one of my favorite improvements was the cut out running boards, they stay clean and are ridged, not all flimsy like some sleds. I am so excited for this sled to come out next season and just clobber the competition.

Premium Features