• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Recall

E
Oct 5, 2009
[/QUOTE] My dealer said that the flash they did might not be the best one as of yet but polaris has a new one.[/QUOTE]

I just got off the phone with a mechanic from Pierre's Polaris and he mentioned that there should be a new re-flash coming out soon.

He told me the best luck they have had getting rid of this stumble is by running Lucas octane boost to help out our poor fuel quality.

K
Dec 20, 2009
09 dragon blues

Hi. I am new to the forum and would like to say hi before i ramble on.

I am a owner of a local towing company and purchased my dragon simply cause the polaris dealer used me for towing more than the ski-doo dealer did just to see him pulling his father by a rope to the cummins dealer a few weeks later now i have a sled i dont like cause it runs like crap the rear shocks failed last season and the dealer said they are air shocks and have to pump them selves up after siting between rides. Well by the end of the season the thing only had 2" of travel and grabed so much snow that it could not climb its way out of a wet paper bag. needles to say I am not happy with my dealer and dont want to take the sled back to him at all for any reason not only cause i spent nearly 10 grand on this sled, but his mechanic sevierly dislikes me and it took them over a year to install a single pipe on my 06 700, and if i would have nown this was going to happen i would have bought a damn Nytro.

Thanks for letting me vent happy sledding

S
Oct 7, 2008
Durango, Co
i got my 09 assault updated about a month ago didnt get to ride till last weekend and it runs like someone took a crap in the motor. havnt got it over 8000 rpm even on a trail in the powder it dies to 6900 to 7200. hills it starts at 7400 max and starts loosing rpm feels like it wont downshift. barly idols at maybe 1000 rpm when warm so low the digital display wont even work. Taking it to the dealer today guessing they wont be able to do anything though. I JUST WANT IT TO RUN LIKE WHEN IT CAME OFF THE DEALERS FLOOR....so sick of this ****!!

A
Nov 26, 2007
They are way rich on top and lean in mid as per dyno tech. The onlt way to get the power back is with a fuel controller. Running the slp ppie will help as it needs more fuel on the top also.

My 2010 without the fuel controller with a pipe,reeds,high airflow, and gutted airboxd would put the det light on after 800 yards at WOT with 91 octane non oxegenated fuel but with the wires plugged it at 4000 ft. It made good power but I had to run it with the wires unplugged to keep the det light from coming on.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
They are way rich on top and lean in mid as per dyno tech. The onlt way to get the power back is with a fuel controller. Running the slp ppie will help as it needs more fuel on the top also.

My 2010 without the fuel controller with a pipe,reeds,high airflow, and gutted airboxd would put the det light on after 800 yards at WOT with 91 octane non oxegenated fuel but with the wires plugged it at 4000 ft. It made good power but I had to run it with the wires unplugged to keep the det light from coming on.

I was told to leave the airbox alone as it will run worse and cause sensor problems.??

S
Nov 17, 2009
Everett, Wa.
Hi. I am new to the forum and would like to say hi before i ramble on.

I am a owner of a local towing company and purchased my dragon simply cause the polaris dealer used me for towing more than the ski-doo dealer did just to see him pulling his father by a rope to the cummins dealer a few weeks later now i have a sled i dont like cause it runs like crap the rear shocks failed last season and the dealer said they are air shocks and have to pump them selves up after siting between rides. Well by the end of the season the thing only had 2" of travel and grabed so much snow that it could not climb its way out of a wet paper bag. needles to say I am not happy with my dealer and dont want to take the sled back to him at all for any reason not only cause i spent nearly 10 grand on this sled, but his mechanic sevierly dislikes me and it took them over a year to install a single pipe on my 06 700, and if i would have nown this was going to happen i would have bought a damn Nytro.

Thanks for letting me vent happy sledding

Not trying to be a jerk, but I've read this post 5 times and still don't get it:

just to see him pulling his father by a rope to the cummins dealer a few weeks later
Was the rope tied around his father's foot, waist or neck?
it runs like crap
How so? Be more specific; maybe somebody can help. Does it run poorly or are you referring to the suspension?
rear shocks failed last season and the dealer said they are air shocks and have to pump them selves up after siting between rides.
Did you do this?
the thing only had 2" of travel
Did it sag so much that there was only 2" left at the end of the travel or did it only travel 2" from a normal preload position? How many miles on the unit? How do you ride? Does the unit get jumped a lot?
grabed so much snow that it could not climb its way out of a wet paper bag
Are you saying the tunnel and/or the drivers packed with snow? Again, how are you riding? Have you experimented with different track angles via the limiter straps?
am not happy with my dealer and dont want to take the sled back to him not only cause i spent nearly 10 grand
Don't you think you spent enough to get your concerns adressed by him? Don't you think your dealer wants a satisfied parts/servicecustomer? If he doesn't, and is only interested in selling sleds you need to patronize a more complete dealer.
but his mechanic sevierly dislikes me
What did you do to him? Whistle at his girlfriend?
it took them over a year to install a single pipe on my 06 700
Was there a parts availability problem? Did you supply the pipe or prepay for it? Did you drop it off after riding season and say "no hurry"? Did you have any other work performed? If the answer to all is no; i would agree that this is poor service.

I'm not specifically picking on you, but there are two sides to every situation and i'm just trying to determine if this is a very bad dealer or if you are not helping the dealer to help you. I am interested in your reply.
As you are new to the forum, it's ok to vent, but I think that you will notice as time goes on that this forum is very solution-oriented and hopefully myself and others (perhaps even your selling dealer) can get your concerns resolved or educate you (no shame in that - I learn every day) and get you back out and having fun on your sled.

A
Nov 26, 2007
I was told to leave the airbox alone as it will run worse and cause sensor problems.??

I have herd that also BUT, the air temp sensor is mounted above the shelf and there are no other sensors that are effected by it. It is probable that it does lean out the engine but if you have a fuel controller then that is good as the only way to lean it out is by supplying more air. In a carbed sled it can effect the carbs and lean it out without adding air flow but with a fuel injected sled it cannot. I sent an email to Jim at dynotech asking if they could do a back to back test the next time they get a D8 on the dyno but I got no resonse. I would think that it would be important to verify if the shelf helps or hinders. I can tell you that it has alot of induction noise when it is removed. Also SLP recomends drilling 4 7/8 holes in the shelf for the perfromance edition package.

If anyone has any proof that it does not help then I am all ears and would like to know.

S
Oct 7, 2008
Durango, Co
the mecanic at my dealer ajusted the TPS he said it was out quite a bit. It helped but wasnt that much better but i unplugged the ethanol timing wire and it seems to be running better. It hasnt given me any lights will that hurt it or is it ok? It hasnt gone over 8000 but it doesnt seem to have a hesitation or bogg anymore. Im going riding again today in some 2' of fresh powder so we'll see how it does.

B
Sep 16, 2008
My 09 Assault came back from the update, including SLP can, running like crap. Severe midrange bobble and no WOT power. Things slightly improved on second tankful yet was still disappointing.

Just installed the PCV with Stoutner/Jim's 157HP variation of the map. All I can say is WOW and watch out. First WOT, did a tailstand that wouldn't stop. Response is phenomenal throughout. This is what I thought I bought from Polaris!

Sufice it to say, at the cost of ten tankfulls of fuel, get the PCV and start to enjoy your $10,000 sled. I know, POO should have done their job better, but they didn't whether due to gov't regs or whatever. Now we can all whine about it or fix it. There is no other accessory for this kind of money that will give the return that the PCV does.

PS: No, I am not an advertiser, just an elated customer!

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
nope my sled still runs like **** wire doesent really make a difference what does PCV stand for I want my sled to run like it should

It stands for power commander 5. It is a fuel controller that allows you to customize the fuel delivery for your sled.
Polaris should include these with all sleds from the factory and call it a, "for race use only" option.

Premium Features