• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"American Fork" on Monday

M
Me an 2 of my buddies are experienced riders and I would really like to ride with someone who knows the AF area. I hear it's vertical and technical and thats what gets the juices flowing :beer;. I am looking forward to it. :D

Last edited:

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Me an 2 of my buddies are experienced riders and I would really like to ride with someone who knows the AF area. I hear it's vertical and technical and thats what gets the juices flowing :beer;. I am looking forward to it. :D

head up the canyon, turn left towards tibble fork. Park here and head up the trail, the trail immediately splits after the gate. stay on the main road and dont take the left that goes to silver lake. You get up there and you hit the wilderness boundary and it looks awesome and tempting, so just stay away...

head up the road till it turns into the groomed trail. once you hit the trail feel free to explore any canyons to your left (major, molly, mineral, and dry fork). They are steep, there are big open bowls and lots of slides, as well as super tight tree lines and narrow chutes so check yourself and be careful.

Once you hit the groomed trail you could also cross the creek and head up to forest lake. some fun boondocking, but i havent found a way up and out so the area is pretty small that way.

If you continue up the groomed trail you will find that the trail splits while heading north. the left fork goes up to mineral basin (right up to the snowbird ski lifts) and dry fork, while the right will take you around the east side (front) and drop you into snake creek. You will find more open play areas in snake creek, but it is a little bit of a trail ride and you will probably want some extra gas.

again, dig your snow pits, check your snow conditions, know the avalanche forecast before you go. There is no room for miscalculations in these canyons. The scenery is breathtaking, the expierence is heart pounding, and knowing that death is just a wrong move away probably makes it one of my most favorite areas, but hey im a thrill seeker...

oh and take some pictures when you go eh?

Last edited:
K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
How bout a little guide service Phatso oops Phatty:face-icon-small-dis BTW happy V day. If Im not in Wyo Im game.

D
Dec 23, 2007
lets ride

Me and my group of about 6 guys ride AF 3-4 times a week. We are going on Monday and if you are experienced riders like you say then you are more than welcome to come with us. Give me a call. 801-380-0571 kurt

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
I will be wrenching monday? I will save your # I had a blast up there a few years ago would love to see it again.

D
Dec 23, 2007
pictures

Give me your email phatty and I will send you pictures as well as video of where we were at. Some of the pictures were just on the forum-picture of our line up timp!

Premium Features