• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 limited quantities?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
My dealer sells 100+ sleds a year. Every one of them are mountain sleds so I hope they don't limit him to 25. That'd be a dumb move on their part.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
New chassis and motor might be a good thing if you can't get one...

If they only have enough parts to build a certain number of sleds where are you going to get parts if something goes wrong or breaks?

Last edited:

KingCon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2016
This is nothing more than dealers and Doo saying this crap so they can jack the prices up to full retail. This can really backfire in their face. Polaris and the boys still build sleds every day. I think they are trying to get a nine day jump on sales until the others introduce their stuff. I WILL NOT PAY FULL LIST PRICE. AXYS is sounding better and better. Just wait until Polaris offers a 174 with a belt drive on the 1st and see what Doo thinks when all the pissed off 174 guys jump ship. Imagine a 420 lb. 174". Just my two cents.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
This is nothing more than dealers and Doo saying this crap so they can jack the prices up to full retail. This can really backfire in their face. Polaris and the boys still build sleds every day. I think they are trying to get a nine day jump on sales until the others introduce their stuff. I WILL NOT PAY FULL LIST PRICE. AXYS is sounding better and better. Just wait until Polaris offers a 174 with a belt drive on the 1st and see what Doo thinks when all the pissed off 174 guys jump ship. Imagine a 420 lb. 174". Just my two cents.

I really doubt Polaris will offer a 174. After all they had to say about not needing a 174 last year. If they do it will weigh more than 420. And suddenly 440lbs won't be so bad, needed to add weight to make it stronger, blaa blaa blaa blaa blaa. Their 163x3 already weighs 426.

Lol

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Why would they limit snowchecks after hyping up this new sled so much? Sounds like a good way to lose a lot of customers. I understand limiting the in season sp models based on all the holdovers there's been the last few seasons, but limiting snowchecks makes zero sense

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
This could definitely be a real possibility. Skidoo did this in 1993 with the Mach Z triple and Polaris did this as recently as 2008 with the snowcheck 800 Dragon. Polaris dealers were originally only allowed 2 sleds during snowcheck. They then flooded the Dragon's in the late winter early spring. Both of these examples were with first year engines.

Polaris also did this in 2000 with the 800 RMK. My dad got one of the last 4 Action Motorsports in Idaho Falls had let in their allocation.

It is not a new or unheard of concept.

I too was told limited #'s. My dealer is allotted 50-60, 850 units, Summit X, Summit SP, MXZ. Does not matter what one only that it is the 850/ chassis combo.

If you thought you wanted one it would be good to get your name on one. There is s possibility that more units could be added, but may not. If next fall you decide you don't want one it will be very very easy to sell. Especially if the quantity is this limited.

AKDoug

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Talked to a dealer on Saturday. He had some available, but not many. Sounds like I'll be looking at 2018 because I'm not committing in March.

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
limited numbers are right. i snowchecked one saturday and they are only allowed 30 850's and they thought that included the in season sp's. And for those wondering i got the black and green 850 X 154 2.5" electric start for $12,300. 3" was $600 more and white was another $200.

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
Wow...some of the dealers you fella shave must move pretty big volume. One dealer I know can get 22. Another can get 25. 3rd is only allocated 9. Apparently it's based on past sales, market, almost no rhyme or reason. Doesn't matter if these are spring order or snow check sleds you can order what they will allocate you and nothing more. Also doesn't matter if it's a Summit, MX, or Renegade...

Premium Features