For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2016, 02:27 PM
Currently: Alpha 165
dgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is the OSP tool the best place to start?

2013 1100T 153"

Not to beat the dead horse but...made it 750 miles on 1st belt, only 200 on the 2nd. So far only 40 on the 3rd but it still looks good...

After a good search and reading all the belt threads it looks like the OSP tool is what everybody is recommending to start with now on here. I read the HCS thread about it and I saw the TD guys saying they were just floating the secondary with a longer belt and getting great results.

My question then becomes to I say forget trying the TD method and just pick up/rent the OSP tool? Or is it worth it to try the TD method first?

When I lose a belt its usually in a few large chunks with a bunch of little ones and all the cords wound up in a ball somewhere outside the clutches...what does this say if anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWYER View Post
I don't care what it is as long as there are boobies moutned to the handlebars. So every time i smack my face it's really awesome

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 02-17-2016, 03:47 PM
Currently: Wrenching
PISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond repute

TOOL !!

Old 02-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Currently: rigging instad of riding
0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get the tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreet77 View Post
2013 1100T 153"

Not to beat the dead horse but...made it 750 miles on 1st belt, only 200 on the 2nd. So far only 40 on the 3rd but it still looks good...

After a good search and reading all the belt threads it looks like the OSP tool is what everybody is recommending to start with now on here. I read the HCS thread about it and I saw the TD guys saying they were just floating the secondary with a longer belt and getting great results.

My question then becomes to I say forget trying the TD method and just pick up/rent the OSP tool? Or is it worth it to try the TD method first?

When I lose a belt its usually in a few large chunks with a bunch of little ones and all the cords wound up in a ball somewhere outside the clutches...what does this say if anything?
OSP's alignment tool is essential IMHO - they should have one on the assembly line, and issue one to every dealer. Using a longer belt to correct C to C is a band aid at best, and doesn't correct alignment issues. Your mounts are likely worn, there are several better alternatives available.

Old 02-17-2016, 09:27 PM
Currently: Alpha 165
dgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0neoldfart View Post
OSP's alignment tool is essential IMHO - they should have one on the assembly line, and issue one to every dealer. Using a longer belt to correct C to C is a band aid at best, and doesn't correct alignment issues. Your mounts are likely worn, there are several better alternatives available.
If the mounts are worn do I need to replace them too or do the offset bushings from OSP address this? Should I add the engine snubber at the same time?

Also talked to a buddy at a dealer and he said that on their most serial belt blower the fix ended up being a simple gear down after TCL delete, floating secondary, new clutches, 7 tooth drivers, longer belt, etc....he thought that was probably the best place to start...ideas?

Just trying to get a good baseline start on this thing instead of hodge-podging my way through it....

Edit: This sled is ALL stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWYER View Post
I don't care what it is as long as there are boobies moutned to the handlebars. So every time i smack my face it's really awesome

Last edited by dgreet77; 02-17-2016 at 09:29 PM.