For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com



Upgrade to Premium
Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-17-2016, 02:27 PM
dgreet77 dgreet77 is offline
Currently: Alpha 165
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 377
Thanks: 16
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 2228113
dgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is the OSP tool the best place to start?

2013 1100T 153"

Not to beat the dead horse but...made it 750 miles on 1st belt, only 200 on the 2nd. So far only 40 on the 3rd but it still looks good...

After a good search and reading all the belt threads it looks like the OSP tool is what everybody is recommending to start with now on here. I read the HCS thread about it and I saw the TD guys saying they were just floating the secondary with a longer belt and getting great results.

My question then becomes to I say forget trying the TD method and just pick up/rent the OSP tool? Or is it worth it to try the TD method first?

When I lose a belt its usually in a few large chunks with a bunch of little ones and all the cords wound up in a ball somewhere outside the clutches...what does this say if anything?
__________________
Daniel
2005 M7 153"
2013 TM1100 153"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWYER View Post
I don't care what it is as long as there are boobies moutned to the handlebars. So every time i smack my face it's really awesome
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #2  
Old 02-17-2016, 03:47 PM
PISTONPETE's Avatar
PISTONPETE PISTONPETE is offline
Currently: Wrenching
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Brunswick,northern
Age: 51
Posts: 70
Thanks: 42
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 281211
PISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond reputePISTONPETE has a reputation beyond repute
Default

TOOL !!
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #3  
Old 02-17-2016, 07:21 PM
0neoldfart 0neoldfart is offline
Currently: rigging instad of riding
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Thorsby, Alberta
Posts: 917
Thanks: 13
Thanked 388 Times in 217 Posts
Rep Power: 21474848
0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute0neoldfart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Get the tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreet77 View Post
2013 1100T 153"

Not to beat the dead horse but...made it 750 miles on 1st belt, only 200 on the 2nd. So far only 40 on the 3rd but it still looks good...

After a good search and reading all the belt threads it looks like the OSP tool is what everybody is recommending to start with now on here. I read the HCS thread about it and I saw the TD guys saying they were just floating the secondary with a longer belt and getting great results.

My question then becomes to I say forget trying the TD method and just pick up/rent the OSP tool? Or is it worth it to try the TD method first?

When I lose a belt its usually in a few large chunks with a bunch of little ones and all the cords wound up in a ball somewhere outside the clutches...what does this say if anything?
OSP's alignment tool is essential IMHO - they should have one on the assembly line, and issue one to every dealer. Using a longer belt to correct C to C is a band aid at best, and doesn't correct alignment issues. Your mounts are likely worn, there are several better alternatives available.
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
  #4  
Old 02-17-2016, 09:27 PM
dgreet77 dgreet77 is offline
Currently: Alpha 165
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 377
Thanks: 16
Thanked 41 Times in 29 Posts
Rep Power: 2228113
dgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond reputedgreet77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0neoldfart View Post
OSP's alignment tool is essential IMHO - they should have one on the assembly line, and issue one to every dealer. Using a longer belt to correct C to C is a band aid at best, and doesn't correct alignment issues. Your mounts are likely worn, there are several better alternatives available.
If the mounts are worn do I need to replace them too or do the offset bushings from OSP address this? Should I add the engine snubber at the same time?

Also talked to a buddy at a dealer and he said that on their most serial belt blower the fix ended up being a simple gear down after TCL delete, floating secondary, new clutches, 7 tooth drivers, longer belt, etc....he thought that was probably the best place to start...ideas?

Just trying to get a good baseline start on this thing instead of hodge-podging my way through it....

Edit: This sled is ALL stock.
__________________
Daniel
2005 M7 153"
2013 TM1100 153"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAWYER View Post
I don't care what it is as long as there are boobies moutned to the handlebars. So every time i smack my face it's really awesome

Last edited by dgreet77; 02-17-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Reply With Quote


Rate this post: Yes | No
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thread — osp clutch alignment tool Thread Starter — wasatchcomm Forum — Washington Replies — 2 Last Post — 12-05-2014 09:06 AM
Thread — OSP products Thread Starter — mt_archery_guy Forum — Arctic Cat: 1100 ProClimb Replies — 8 Last Post — 02-16-2014 09:45 AM
Thread — Need OSP tensioner! Thread Starter — Bendy Forum — Arctic Cat: 1100 ProClimb Replies — 3 Last Post — 04-07-2013 10:59 PM
Thread — Best repair place to install E start on a REV-800? Thread Starter — BackCountryBob Forum — Colorado Replies — 2 Last Post — 02-28-2012 10:56 AM
Thread — Boosted Nytro Clutching/ Is this a good place to start?? Thread Starter — Klutch Forum — Yamaha Replies — 3 Last Post — 12-27-2008 01:39 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:40 AM.












no new posts