• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

home Built yammi's

Dec 21, 2008
Lots of time put into these rides. I've been remounting my fuel tank and it seems like I have quite a few hours into it.image.jpg

Love all the work guys! Makes mine look like child's play. Haha I really like the idea of a mid mount on my nytro but what are you guys doing for programmers, because my basic understanding of these simple piggyback programs like my mpi one, is that off boost performance would be effected by changing the length of the header. Any ideas or what are you doing to work around that?

willinwillys

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2011
Spearfish,SD
I don't like the mid mount turbos the Nytro is already front heavy and having a rear mount seams to balance the sled out better.

Dec 21, 2008
Fuel tank is way heavier then the turbo exhaust piping. I'm pretty sure I am less nose heavy then a rear mount., plus I have no lag. I know I wouldn't trade anyways.

willinwillys

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2011
Spearfish,SD
If you build your stuff right you won't have any turbo lag well at least I don't and have been around a bunch of Yamaha built the same way and no lag.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
If you build your stuff right you won't have any turbo lag well at least I don't and have been around a bunch of Yamaha built the same way and no lag.
You might think you have no lag until you ride a properly built system. There is no real way to get around the disadvantages of a rear mount, that is the length of the exhaust, but more importantly, the length of the pressurized intake plumbing. The key to a good mid mount is a bulletproof header, and a fuel tank that is away from heat sources and consistent fuel supply regardless of attitude. Been running my system for 3 years now and have yet to see or ride something better.

000_0014.jpg IMG_1199.jpg

Z
Nov 26, 2007
Laramie, Wy
been a couple years since i built mine, been holding up very well despite several encounters with rocks and trees, finally tweaked one steering knuckle this season on a rock, but it was a hard hit. it tips the scales at 560lbs full of fluids, 174x16 track, running 16-18psi

IMG_0005.jpg IMG_0006.jpg IMG_0007.jpg PICT1862 (2).jpg PICT1914.jpg

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Built a kit for my pro rmk, it was good practice, invested in a good tig welder and the plan is to build an external wastegate viper turbo this summer, keep the pics and ideas going!

Premium Features