• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rear skid mounting location

R

Ryanlilly

Jan 18, 2011
Enumclaw, Washington
Im doing a d&r so I can run a 2.5 camo extreme in my 02 edge. Can I move the front and rear mounting location down an inch or so for extra clearance in the tunnel without causing an issue? I noticed lots of skid marks from my factory track, so I don't want to have an issue with the taller lug track. Thanks!

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
You can drop it down... you just have to be careful with how much. I would move it down as much as the drive axle moves down and that will keep near factory geometries.

I've actually moved it one hole further down that that before, has a similar affect of letting the limiter strap out.

sled_guy

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
no matter what it will hit the tunnel on top from flopping, it has happenned on all sleds. when I did mine and put the 2.4 on it I did not drop the suspension. I would think that the benefit of the aproach angle will be higher the worrying about the truck rubbing at times.

L

locknload

Dec 5, 2007
When i did mine I moved it back also to maintain track angle, worked awesome but be prepared for more front end lift if you do move it down.

Timbersled

Premium Member
Apr 22, 2008
It’s not a bad thing to drop the suspension for some added tunnel clearance. You just don’t want to go overboard. When doing this a good rule of thumb is that if you drop the back and 1” then you will only need to drop the front ½”. This will keep your skid setting level and your suspension geometry right. This is because when you lift the back of the sled up it is angling up from the skis and the drop distance will be different at the front arm and back arm.

Allen

Premium Features