• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

--208 Productions-A Calculated Risk--

I
Nov 26, 2007
But thought out editing? steady shots? Skilled riding? If im every in AK i will look you up to show us how to ride then. im sorry, but you have no idea of the time spent on this movie.

Please do, I enjoy riding with new people and it would be a good chance for me to show you the benefits of a tripod when filming :rolleyes:

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
Please do, I enjoy riding with new people and it would be a good chance for me to show you the benefits of a tripod when filming :rolleyes:

75% of this film was shot on a tripod, some wasnt due to in the trees and helmet cams.

Im 19 years old ok, I have tought myself everything I have done on the films to this day.

I would love you to show me how to do a better job, really. I feel this was a great job for my second film. and next year I plan to improve more, but I feel im doing a damn good job for my limited budget and knowledge.

But to come on here dissin rider skills???? I would love for you to try and ride at the same level as say john heston. I am just fired up about the skill, and its not worth being in a film.

again sorry you didnt like it, but that was a little harsh, to do say to a group of riders you have no clue about.

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
75% of this film was shot on a tripod, some wasnt due to in the trees and helmet cams.

That's the part I had issue with, when there's a tree between the rider and camera...or when the camera man has shaky hands. Sure, these things happen...but they shouldn't make it into the film. Maybe you think mounting a POV cam crooked on the hood of a sled added artistic effect and you'll keep it the same for the next film. Personally I think it made the clip unwatchable and I'll skip to the next chapter every time I see it.

But to come on here dissin rider skills???? I would love for you to try and ride at the same level as say john heston. I am just fired up about the skill, and its not worth being in a film.

again sorry you didnt like it, but that was a little harsh, to do say to a group of riders you have no clue about.

I never claimed to be a better rider, but I'm also not trying to sell footage of myself to others. I did say you had some talented riders, Heston being one of them. But I'm sure several people in your film will not be seen in any other professional riding films. And after watching your film I feel I can comment on the riders abilities assuming the footage was an accurate representation of their skill. Sure, I don't know them as people, but that doesn't affect their riding.

Again, my posts are not meant to be insulting. I am aware of the time that goes into creating a video and realize it's hard to take negative feedback on something that you've put a vast amount of time and effort into, but if you really want your videos to improve you need to be willing to listen to complaints and consider other point of views, even if you disagree.

A
Nov 27, 2007
McCall Idaho
That's the part I had issue with, when there's a tree between the rider and camera...or when the camera man has shaky hands. Sure, these things happen...but they shouldn't make it into the film. Maybe you think mounting a POV cam crooked on the hood of a sled added artistic effect and you'll keep it the same for the next film. Personally I think it made the clip unwatchable and I'll skip to the next chapter every time I see it.

I never claimed to be a better rider, but I'm also not trying to sell footage of myself to others. I did say you had some talented riders, Heston being one of them. But I'm sure several people in your film will not be seen in any other professional riding films. And after watching your film I feel I can comment on the riders abilities assuming the footage was an accurate representation of their skill. Sure, I don't know them as people, but that doesn't affect their riding.

Again, my posts are not meant to be insulting. I am aware of the time that goes into creating a video and realize it's hard to take negative feedback on something that you've put a vast amount of time and effort into, but if you really want your videos to improve you need to be willing to listen to complaints and consider other point of views, even if you disagree.

Very true, I just felt the first post was in an isulting tone the way it was worded, with a few things you said, it made it sound like nothing was film worthy, I never said every sledneck rider is in the film, But the vast majority of the people in the film have good or above average skill on a sled, some with amazing skill. You also mad eit sound like, no shot is film worth and there was no time put into it, i think the exact words were, no thought out editing....that really frustrates me though, and good angles, We spent days finding the best angles possible. and the video is over an hour long with bonus to clear that up

I agree, Negative feedback is what improves low points. and that is something I need since im teaching myself how to do this.

I have already invested in a new camera, and equip. to take our cinematography to the next level.

Sorry for the confusion, thanks for the input.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
After watching the film, and seeing you in it, I figured you were in your early twenty's, but, 19? I think you did a great job for being that age. You will only get better, that comes with expierence and time. Watch the newest vid from people who have been doing it awhile, and then go watch their first one. They get better every year.

Job well done!:beer;

B

Bkinz

May 14, 2009
Lewiston,ID
There's no nice way to say this, but I didn't like it. 6-7 years ago this would've been a good film. Today I expect at least steady shots and good angles, thought out editing and skilled riding.

There are some good shots in this film, and some talented riders. But not enough to justify producing a video of. Take your favorite shots and put them on youtube if you want people to see your riding.

A lot of people on this forum complain that they pay too much for a 35 minute film. I would pay more for a 30 minute film that kept me entertained than an 50 minute(?) film that I've walked away from twice and am only 35 minutes into. And now I'm bored enough to write a review without even finishing it.

These are just my thoughts, from the previous pages of this thread I know many people will disagree. But for anyone who is undecided about buying this film, I say skip it.

On the other hand...I liked most the music.

All I can say is wow!!!:eek::eek: If you spent 10 minutes riding with these guys you would crap your pants. They definitely know how to ride, and i thought the film was very good. Especially for only being the second year of producing.

Premium Features