• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

track length

J
Nov 29, 2008
Wyoming
hi can get some advice dos it help my apex to stay afloat better if i put a 174'' insted of 162'' track under it .it is still stock i have not boosted it yeat . and Wat is the beast track to buy. i like it step and deep.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
a 174 will help u float better but ir your staying stock u may not like the loss in top speed. a 174 has been done on non boosted apexs and they do work. i have a 162 and it performs great. A camo extreme 2.5 track is the only way to go for an apex. if u do some boondocking i'd say stick with the 162 camo extreme but if climbing is your main thing then u will be happy with either the 162 or 174.

irondave86

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
N.W. Washington
i dont reamber wat my stock slead is runing but is como extreme the better way to go.

Your apex has a 16" wide 162 x 2.25 camoplast maverick, most people agree that the maverick leaves a lot on the the table.

I switched the track on my Nytro to a camoplast challenger off of an M series sled, its a 15" x 162 x 2.25. While it was an improvement over the maverick, i was not totally satisfied with the track, it just wasn't a big enough improvement over the stock track to justify the cost. So to answer you question if your gonna do a track swap, spend the extra coin and get the Camoplast Challenger Extreme. It comes in a 16" 162 x 2.5, It will make a noticeable difference over the stock track.

J
Nov 29, 2008
Wyoming
i was thinking of putting a 174'' track under it with tslead subsbench but i am not Cher if i shud go with 2.5 or go with 3'' i now with a 3'' i have to drop and roll the Chan case but is it worth it.

Premium Features