• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who's running a SLP 727 kit

S
Nov 27, 2007
Clarkston Wa
I have recently picked up a 07 600 with a SLP 727 kit on it and I don't think it runs quit right. I am curious what the other kits out there are running for jetting and clutching. I run from about 6000-8000 I am currently putting in all the recommended setup from SLP so we will see how that works. This sled also doesn't have the v-force reeds or the carbs bored, how much difference do you think it would make in performance?

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
i had one and loved it. they rip. i road it from 0-5000 feet so not going to be much help on setup sorry. the v-force and bored carbs will help but it should still run strong. what is it doing to make you think it is not running right? not pulling r's? doesn't feel strong enough? carl's also builds those motors (that's what mine was) only difference is some porting, so you can call them and they can definitely get you set up. get ahold of chris, he will be able to take care of you and get in headed in the right direction. good luck.

pv

S
Nov 27, 2007
Clarkston Wa
not pulling r's

Thanks for the reply's guys

So far this thing has not pulled the right r's but I think I should have the problem fixed. I got the right helix in it know and the right spark plugs and went with slp's jetting. There were some other little adjustments that needed to be made like the choke cable was a bit to tight and pulling the choke on a little it also had one boot on the airbox that was not on the backside of the carb quite right. So the current setup is( 370pto,380mag mtx weight with one gram rivet in outer hole, blue pink primary 58-40-36 58-38-36 helix derlin washer, and stock red black secondary spring) I guess we will try this and see how it works. This is what SLP says.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Clarkston Wa
update

Seems to be runnin good but still think she needs the reeds and carbs bored Iam pretty happy with how it pulls now and the r's seem to be about right but the snow was pretty sticky today so we will see in some pow how it holds the r's.

:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:cool:

S
Nov 27, 2007
Clarkston Wa
carbs and reeds

So who's got a set of reeds and some bored carbs for me????

I would like to do it just to complete the kit, SLP designs this kit to run with bored carbs and reeds so it seems to reason that the kit would run the best with them.

Keep the comments comin I would like to see if anyone else has a different setup or if everyone just runs what slp suggests.

:beer;:beer;:beer;:D

B
Nov 27, 2007
Boise,Id

I have never ridden the 727, but rode one with slp's 777 kit, talk about wicked, set it up how slp recommends and it should rip. I rode the 777 at 6-9k for a couple of hours last year, the throttle response and top end was unreal. If you don't like the 727, see what you can do about getting the 777 kit.

J
Oct 12, 2002
Idaho, Meridian
I have never ridden the 727, but rode one with slp's 777 kit, talk about wicked, set it up how slp recommends and it should rip. I rode the 777 at 6-9k for a couple of hours last year, the throttle response and top end was unreal. If you don't like the 727, see what you can do about getting the 777 kit.

The 727 and 777 are basically the same kit(bore size anyway,There is other minor differences)
the difference is the stroke. i have a 797 and its the same bore as the 727 and 777, with an 800 stroke.

FYI it rips.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Clarkston Wa
pistons and cylinders

Anybody know what pistons and cylinders SLP is using for these kits. (I could call but askin yall is way more better):beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

Premium Features