• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Reeds

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Have some split stock reeds on my 800 etec. I suspected something was not quite right so I had the s
Chance to buy some tdr reeds this summer. Which I did.

Now here is the question. All the splits reeds are in the same spot in both sets. Which is the inside middle petal.

So can I run the TDR reeds just on the inside? I don't want to loose throttle response and these tdrs seem stiff in my opinion. Almost to the point that if I had a lean pop I might be concerned with the cage collapsing before the reed breaks.

Thoughts????

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
I'd try it

Why not give it a try. TDR's in the middle and stock on the outside. My only thought is that now the outsides will take the licken.

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
We tried TDR

We have tried the TDR reeds and found a distinct lack of throttle response due to poor fit. With the reed cages in your hand you can clearly see that the reeds do not seal when closed.

We have been using V-Force with much better throttle response and good longevity, ..providing you keep it off the rev limiter.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
We have tried the TDR reeds and found a distinct lack of throttle response due to poor fit. With the reed cages in your hand you can clearly see that the reeds do not seal when closed.

We have been using V-Force with much better throttle response and good longevity, ..providing you keep it off the rev limiter.

Mind sharing the part number you have been happy with?

I am almost willing to try the tdrs. But for me at 1000 feet the throttle response is so good. I won't know till I drive 16 hours if it isn't good at elevation and at that point I just want to ride. Not being installing new reeds

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
V-Force Reeds

Mind sharing the part number you have been happy with?

I am almost willing to try the tdrs. But for me at 1000 feet the throttle response is so good. I won't know till I drive 16 hours if it isn't good at elevation and at that point I just want to ride. Not being installing new reeds

The number in my catalog is number is V3122-873J-2.

Premium Features