• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 apex Turbo setup for heal Clickers clutch weight

R
Oct 15, 2011
casper wy
I need help for a starting point setup to run heel clicker weights for my primary altitude 8 to 9000 four primary would like to run
GBG spring with 14.5 rollers secondary clutch 47 cam at 90 degrees WW spring. gearing 18/42. The turbo is MC Express rear mount T 16 boost pressure 14 - 15. What kind of weight should I start with in my ramps let me know if there's any more information I can provide

1458069072423.jpg

Last edited:
A

aj1180

Dec 17, 2009
waukon ia
Start with the exact amount of weight you had before adding the heel clicker weights without figuring in the shoulder weight. In theory At 70g standard weight should be replaceable with a 70-10 heel clicker. If you are running 70g weights, I'd make sure to have the 65-10 heel clickers. I that way you have some adjustability on the lighter side. The shoulder weight will mainly affect the bottom end and mid range. once the clutch is fully shifted out the weight in the shoulder will be in line with the outside of the clutch which puts it in a position to have a minimal affect the top end clutch setup. If you have a 70-10 weight the weight will act like a 70 at full shift out and 80 at engagement. I spent lots of time tuning a 99 780 big bore back in the day. They are really nice cause you can independently change the engagement rpm from the shift rpm without changing springs. Need more rpm, remove weight from the body of the clutch. Need lower engagement, add weight to the shoulder and vice versa. Once set up, I think they work great. I have never had these on my 2 stroke turbo. I think the added torque of the 4 stroke would work great with these. It should pull harder on the bottom and midrange but top end will be about the same. If you get it figured out, let me know so I can put it on the turbo nitro I just purchased.

Last edited:
Premium Features