• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is the OSP tool the best place to start?

dgreet77

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
2013 1100T 153"

Not to beat the dead horse but...made it 750 miles on 1st belt, only 200 on the 2nd. So far only 40 on the 3rd but it still looks good...

After a good search and reading all the belt threads it looks like the OSP tool is what everybody is recommending to start with now on here. I read the HCS thread about it and I saw the TD guys saying they were just floating the secondary with a longer belt and getting great results.

My question then becomes to I say forget trying the TD method and just pick up/rent the OSP tool? Or is it worth it to try the TD method first?

When I lose a belt its usually in a few large chunks with a bunch of little ones and all the cords wound up in a ball somewhere outside the clutches...what does this say if anything?

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Get the tool

2013 1100T 153"

Not to beat the dead horse but...made it 750 miles on 1st belt, only 200 on the 2nd. So far only 40 on the 3rd but it still looks good...

After a good search and reading all the belt threads it looks like the OSP tool is what everybody is recommending to start with now on here. I read the HCS thread about it and I saw the TD guys saying they were just floating the secondary with a longer belt and getting great results.

My question then becomes to I say forget trying the TD method and just pick up/rent the OSP tool? Or is it worth it to try the TD method first?

When I lose a belt its usually in a few large chunks with a bunch of little ones and all the cords wound up in a ball somewhere outside the clutches...what does this say if anything?
OSP's alignment tool is essential IMHO - they should have one on the assembly line, and issue one to every dealer. Using a longer belt to correct C to C is a band aid at best, and doesn't correct alignment issues. Your mounts are likely worn, there are several better alternatives available.

dgreet77

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2008
OSP's alignment tool is essential IMHO - they should have one on the assembly line, and issue one to every dealer. Using a longer belt to correct C to C is a band aid at best, and doesn't correct alignment issues. Your mounts are likely worn, there are several better alternatives available.

If the mounts are worn do I need to replace them too or do the offset bushings from OSP address this? Should I add the engine snubber at the same time?

Also talked to a buddy at a dealer and he said that on their most serial belt blower the fix ended up being a simple gear down after TCL delete, floating secondary, new clutches, 7 tooth drivers, longer belt, etc....he thought that was probably the best place to start...ideas?

Just trying to get a good baseline start on this thing instead of hodge-podging my way through it....

Edit: This sled is ALL stock.

Last edited:
Premium Features