• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo Nytro got really hot

T
I have a friend that has a nytro that lost coolant and got really hot, it melted 2 of the 3 coils in the spark plug holes, replaced coils and plugs coolant replaced. the unit started up and ran fine in the shop, what will typically fail after they have been that hot????

Thanks

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I am not sure about the nytro motor but i know car engines that get too hot can warp the head causing lose of compression. Bearing can be damaged. it is tough to pin point what will fail next because overheating

BBNytro

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2009
Estevan, Sask
I would imagine that something will take it out eventually. That kind of heat buggered something up.

J
Nov 27, 2007
damage

change the oil and filter before you run it too far. watch for coolant leaks if it blows it out you lost a head gasket. check compression and watch oil consumption. if it smokes on start most likely ruined the valve guides and seals if when you are running it rings. If no signs of oil or coolant loss I would run it. julio

Premium Features