• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I HAVE A HAND FULL OF REASONS WHY NOT TO BUY A TIMBERSLED!

S
Nov 2, 2010
1. You will have a **** eating grin on your face that cant be wiped off
2. You will have to explain to the little lady why you need another toy
3. Also will have to explain why you havint been riding the turbo'd pro that you have always dreamed about and just needed to have.
4. All of your friends and people that you dont even know will beg you for a ride
5. All the jelouis looks from peps when you crawl buy them while they are stuck
6. Plus it just looks bad *** perched on top of a sled deck going threw town
Happy times to all the fellow snowbikers, just rode my new bike for the first time this weekend and havint looked back at my turboed polaris its that fun:face-icon-small-ton

S
Nov 2, 2010
Right on, do you tune with any kind of gauges? Also wondering how easy is it to tune, some what like a snowmobile tuner that bd uses or is it totally different

mtboondocker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2009
in a van down by the river
tuning

Boondocker sent the fuel box preprogrammed for my bike. I'm dialing it in with my a/f gauge. I don't know which snowmobile tuner you've used, but I had a boondocker fuel box on my apex years ago. I didn't like that box. This one is improved drastically. My brother in law has a boosted pro from boondocker and my box is very similar to his, if that helps. It works and functions just like a snowmobile box does.

S
Nov 2, 2010
Hey mtboondocer how about the start up, is it still 1 or 2 kick to get it running? I saw that we have the same year bike, do you have any trouble trying to start it around 15 temp outside when your bike was stock? Just wondering if the 15/40 is to heavy of a oil that i have in it.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Stevie boy, I love your reasons NOT to buy a Timbersled kit!

I felt the same way driving home from Sandpoint after my Timbersled Demo ride last Thursday. I wasn't the biggest fan of the trail (but, who is) however, once we got those Husabergs in the deep stuff, I couldn't stop grinning.

Another reason or two to add to your list is:

You can buy one motorcycle and it becomes usable year around. Chose wisely!

A snowmobile being removed from your shop (and trailer) creates room for other toys.

The sale of that snowmobile you won't ride anymore allows you to buy that turbo system you just have to have for your snowbike.

The snowmobile gear you already have works perfectly fine to ride your new snowbike.

mtboondocker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2009
in a van down by the river
Start up

Honestly, I was worried that start ups would be horrible. But, with the turbo the bike actually starts easier now. It was a very pleasant surprise!
Pre-turbo in 15 degrees it was a chore to get started. Sometimes kicking on it for 30 mins. I found that if I gave the bike no fuel during start up and kicked as fast as I could, that seemed to work. I also store the bike in the shop the night before and I let it run for a few minutes in the morning before I leave the house, to get the engine warm. Once I started doing that it wasn't such a problem.
I use 15w-40

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
One more reason not to buy:

You like your couch riding buddies who are to stubborn to throw a leg over it and give one a try!!!:amen::amen:

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
how bout cuz snowcheck is less than 2 weeks away and they still have not formally announced the changes for next year, oh and the bearings fail, brakes don't work, sideplates bend all the time, shocks blow out, and they are overpriced, they don't come with suspension tuning instructions or give guys a clue how to set them up, and there are getting to be too many of them running around and my secret pow in the trees is getting to many people tracking it up and even all that being said they are the sickest machines on earth, second to hawks:face-icon-small-win I just felt like being a keyboard hero and stirring the pot, maybe I just live under a rock and they have announced the changes?

Last edited:
how bout cuz snowcheck is less than 2 weeks away and they still have not formally announced the changes for next year, oh and the bearings fail, brakes don't work, sideplates bend all the time, shocks blow out, and they are overpriced, they don't come with suspension tuning instructions or give guys a clue how to set them up, and there are getting to be too many of them running around and my secret pow in the trees is getting to many people tracking it up and even all that being said they are the sickest machines on earth, second to hawks:face-icon-small-win I just felt like being a keyboard hero and stirring the pot, maybe I just live under a rock and they have announced the changes?

I haven't had any of the issues you mention - no doubt others have, but I haven't bent any panels, bearings last me two years, never had a shock problem. Regardless - they do come with instructions on how to set them up. The instructions are also on Timbersled's website.

http://www.timbersled.com/docs/ST & LT Instructions.pdf

S
Nov 2, 2010
Just like to let all of you know i am headed to the big horns this morning to ride yesturdays new snow. Cwooland if you want to get snowbikers stirred up all that you need to do is let everyone know you are going for a adventure! Sorry to get all your day dreaming started so early in the morning but i need to get going so that when you guys show up on the hill sat you will be wondering why everything is all tracked up!:first:

dirtrebel

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2008
Bozeman, MT
that's right stir em up by making them jealous! I just want to know what the changes are so I can know if I am going to order one on march 1st! I know timbersled is on here all the time, but they never say much, and I have not been to their demo events because I do live under a rock! I have heard rumors of:

double bearing probly on outer jackshaft.
lower seat height
longer track sx kit
lighter track
longer travel arms on rear skid
better shocks

what I want to order if they are gonna offer it
longtrack sx kit, 128 or 137 and option of full 12.5" wide track and option of straight paddle not hawk track
infinite coupling adjuster on rear arm
better bearings (we had bearing fest at hawkfest)
better shocks that are more durable
little lower cost, one fit kit include in purchase price

Here's a little tease to stir 'em up. All backountry pow pow miles on my homemade bike kit! I love snowbiking can we please get the changes announced! I know a lot of u guys know what they are and I'm sure you did not have to sign a confidentiality waiver!

odometer1.jpg

Last edited:
L
Oct 13, 2012
The jury is back,
After watching my buddy ride circles around me on his KX 500 timbersled,I when back to the shop where I purchased my M800 and bought a 2013 KTM 450 timbersled,didn’t even try it ,after an afternoon watching what It can do ,I’m in,pick it up on thursday,ahhhhhh,I’m freakin out,can wait to ride.

J
Dec 2, 2012
I finally got some seat time on Saturday. I had not been on a bike in 3 years (dirt) and had never ridden a MH. In 10 minutes I was places I had never even attempted. It was hands down the most fun I have EVER had in the snow.

Rode for about an hour then came down the hill to the trail where my buddy was waiting on my sled. He asked "So whats your plan for the rest of the day?" (it was only about 10am).

I turned my sled around and headed for my pickup. Once I hit town, it was straight to the dealership to talk trade in on a new bike. I will never ride a sled again given the choice.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
jake_craner, I feel the same way. The freedom a snowbike enables really makes them a "Freedom Machine".

Freedom from groomed trail systems, freedom from riding the same old spots again and again and freedom to ride terrain you never thought was accessible on a snowmobile.

Premium Features