• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone used the Pieps DSP? Opinions?

redrockwr

Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2010
Moab, Utah
I have one and I really like it. I just finished an avy class with an Alta ski patroller and he had the same one. He commented that he had used most of them out there and found the the pieps dsp had almost triple the range of the others on the market.

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
I had one for a few years.. It began giving me an E04 code randomly and it's signal output and pickup dwindled greatly... No electronic interferences with it either.

I now have a Tracker 2 and feel it's much easier to use.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
I started out with a sos and my buddy came over a couple years ago in the fall and he had the pieps, we would hide mine and he could find it in a heartbeat, we would hide his and i could not find it, I gave away mine and bought the pieps , I said if one of my buddys got buried and i couldnt find them becuse i was cheap on my beacon i could never live with myself. Well it all paid off you may have seen it on the news last year a snowmobiler buried at McCall Idaho, scared the crap out of us but yes I found him with my pieps we uncoverd him and he was unconsious, he then started breathing and came too he was fine, I love my pieps

S

snowww1

Nov 26, 2007
Good beacon, but the parent company Black Diamond supports the Winter Wildlands Alliance which wants to shut down public lands to motorized users. Do you really want to support a company that is against snowmobilng?i

F
Mar 19, 2010
North Dakota
Pieps

I've been using it for a couple years and no complaints. Got 6 of them from grandpaj on snowest. I hav'nt had to use in emergency thank God, but work good in testing or practice. So far hav'nt had issues with other electronics. My vote is pieps if that's your question. Good luck with what ever way you go

Premium Features