• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

UFO Snobike

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
From what I can tell the rails are flat , it's the design of the rails that make it look like their tipped ? But wouldn't a smaller set of idlers assist those that wanted it to transfer a little more ? xprs rider ?? Couldn't find it on Powersports sight ?

I personally like the turn ups on the Expert Xtreme , and the rails flat on the Expert Express since their adjustable , just my 2 cents .

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Any idea on rough cost??and What skis is that?and that looks like a float air on the front arm?since I boondock in the deep, I wonder how it works in the deep? The track looks wide enough!

Last edited:

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Price I was told is 6500. Looks like the ski is in the air a lot. Wonder how it handles hard icy trails with not much ski pressure

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Lookin at the drive side it looks to be gear driven as it is to narrow to house a chain?

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Price I was told is 6500. Looks like the ski is in the air a lot. Wonder how it handles hard icy trails with not much ski pressure

Since it uses the stock shock ,Im sure you can just add some compression to controll the transfer, thats actually pretty cool!when I think about it! Mabe they can run less ski pressure also!its got me thinking now!

Last edited:

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
The track is the same track as the moutain horse. It also is a chain drive. It is supposed to sit lower ( seat ), should be fun.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK

I guess that depends on what ski you put on it ? :face-icon-small-hap That one looks like one of those C&A Pro ski , worthless on a one ski , but that turn he made showed how well that rear suspension let it turn without pushing it . The lugs on the track aren't curved and it was noticeable right before he wheelied , it drifted a bit to the right on the approach . The suspenion can't be blamed for it . Also the straight lug will be a challenge on what you asked gman , it's an old discussion that straight lugs on a one ski is like a square tire on a dirt bike , no side bite and prone to wash out , there lies the double edge sword , do you want floatation or traction .

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
Also to add, was told it has the center,Polaris type driver. I don't think it needs it as I have never ratcheted mt timbersled track with just interverts. Cool looking design though.

the gman

Premium Member
Feb 12, 2012
To add a little more fuel to the fire.....I have heard Bomby MAY be getting into the snowbike market with a 600 two stroke mated to a gear tranny.

soul!

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
vancouver island
what would be the best bike

I am a newb for snowbike but decent sledder
been around bikes though, just not for awhile

following this thread thinking this kit would be the most maneuverable of the three kits out there

what would be the ultimate bike for this kit

reliability,power, starting mapping weight etc

I weigh 205, 5, 11

I have tried a 2 moto kit on a ktm for a few minutes

found it easier then I thought but also found the bike taller then I thought it would be

I ride 1000 to 5000 max generally wetter snow on Vancouver island but endless amounts and easy ride to june

thought this would be great way to extend season when sledding is just not that fun anymore with out the pow!

thanks

X
Nov 26, 2007
UFO

I am a newb for snowbike but decent sledder
been around bikes though, just not for awhile

following this thread thinking this kit would be the most maneuverable of the three kits out there

what would be the ultimate bike for this kit

reliability,power, starting mapping weight etc

I weigh 205, 5, 11

I have tried a 2 moto kit on a ktm for a few minutes

found it easier then I thought but also found the bike taller then I thought it would be

I ride 1000 to 5000 max generally wetter snow on Vancouver island but endless amounts and easy ride to june

thought this would be great way to extend season when sledding is just not that fun anymore with out the pow!

thanks

I would say the ultimate snowbike is a newer ktm 450 with linkage. Its got class leading power, EFI, electric start and your able to get a wide range of aftermarket products to more suit your needs(more power, bigger tank etc.).

The UFO is going to be very close to dirtbike ride height, and feel much more like a bike when riding aside from the characteristics all snowbikes have(flat track feel etc.). Also with our kit you have a wide range of adjustability with your motorcycle shock, attack angles of your rails and the adjustable rake of the spindle(determines tracking/weight point of ski). We are also working on getting a more adjustable coil-over skid shock. It also has no welds to break, and all the plates are machined out of .750 thick 7075 Aluminum. Rails will be flat (tipped rails on bike in thread pictures)

Thanks

X
Nov 26, 2007
Driver Setup

Also to add, was told it has the center,Polaris type driver. I don't think it needs it as I have never ratcheted mt timbersled track with just interverts. Cool looking design though.

We are only driving off the center window of the track to utilize a Single Driver setup. This allows to run ONE center anti-rachet driver, which we can then put the caliper/rotor setup on the driveshaft inside of the right outer plate.

X
Nov 26, 2007
NON Linkage Bikes

Are there plans to make a kit that works for non linkage bikes?

Kit looks to have potential. Need to see more!

There will be more in the works next season for bikes with non linkage setups.
Probably would have to have a custom tuned bike shock that replaces existing shock in order to work right, which is more cost to you. Limiting the season build to 50 this year so nothing will be available for non linkage bikes this season.

More to come soon

Premium Features