• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summitboy's CR500 Build

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Here is the beginning of my build ! This bike will be my primary sand dune bike as well as my Timbersled LT snowbike for next season.

I started with a 1995 that was in some weird wreck. It had 90-91 Forks and parts from all sorts of different years. The entire bike was garbage and most parts went in the trash. The motor and few other parts we saved. I pooled parts over the last couple months and finally got to work.

I want to send a huge thanks to Adam Millar (Millar Racing Engines, Roostius Maximus on CR500Riders). He has helped me with my engine, parts and information that has helped greatly. He knows all when it comes to the 500 hundy. He does some beautiful work on these motors and will be my motor guy for the foreseeable future !

I have a APT 38mm cast Smartcarb on order which seems to work excellent in the snow. I am going to try the Service Honda ignition, hopefully it also works well.

Its the beginning and I will keep posting pics as the bike progresses. Let me know what you think !

The Donor !
CR-1.jpg

CR-2.jpg

CR-3.jpg

CR-4.jpg

CR-5.jpg

CR-6.jpg

CR-7.jpg

CR-8.jpg

CR-12.jpg

CR-13.jpg

CR-14.jpg

CR-15.jpg

CR-16.jpg

CR-17.jpg

After one day of wrenching !

Last edited:

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
A few more pics from today. Kinda at a stand still until the engine gets back and a few more parts get delivered. Enjoy !

97-CR500-18.jpg

97-CR500-19.jpg

97-CR500-20.jpg

97-CR500-21.jpg

97-CR500-22.jpg

A
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
How much work are you having Adam do? Been thinking about getting some porting and nikasil done before next season. What piston is he recommending? Going to be really nice when it's all done.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweet duck
honda looks good too

LOL that's Sophia ! Won't find another 998 around like her. When I bought it it had 4 sheets long full of parts. I should really part her and make some money lol. Dyno run shows 146 at the rear wheel !

Adam is doing all the porting (case, cyl, piston), crank, decompressor, clutch modifications, bunch of parts ! He has helped me with everything ! I'll have to buy him so beers if I ever get a chance to meet him in person.

The CR should be done in the next couple of weeks. The only thing I will be waiting for is the carb. I'm hoping middle of April for the cast Smarty 38mm to show up. That and some new Excel rims which should be here next week. Adam is sending me my motor parts in the next day or so.

Need to get all the bikes ready for summer !

Last edited:

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I'm sure we will be in Montana next season ! Gotta get away from Revy and Siccy a little more next season. Maybe some new secret spots !

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
Agreed man. My goal was to travel more this year and so far all I've done is a trip to Cooke City (and I was wishing to have my local riding back while I was there). It's hard to leave an area that's so bada$$ on a regular basis. I really want to come up North and hit Castlegar, Cranbrook, New Denver, etc a lot more.

Premium Features