• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mods for my 2012 pc8

J

jdm1985

May 13, 2009
Ambrose ND
Definitely going to go with an aftermarket post, thinking a Zbros most likely if I can get one. Need your thoughts on other things. I already have vented side panels. Thinking about gearing it down a tooth or two, Bikeman pipe set, boyeson reeds, possibly some porting done (need advice on who does a good job on that. So far leaning towards a PcV to add the fuel.

Also wondering if anyone has done anything with that air intake. I would like to gut all that crap out of the hood to lighten things up a bit.

What do you guys like for running board mods. Need something to shed the snow better. Thinking about an Hcr style cooler. I know all the new limiteds for sure are coming with it. I think that would help a lot with snow buildup.

Other than that gonna do some powder coating to set it off a bit.

This what I'm thinking for now. Any suggestions on clutching would be appreciated. I guess all I'm going for is to lose around 20 lbs on the sled and gain 10-15 horse if not a little more which I think I can do fairly easy with the full pipe set and some porting and reeds.

Any suggestions on other pipe brands or ideas in general would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.s. not ready to go boosted yet cuz I know that's what a few are gonna say haha. Thanks

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
BDX is starting to release some lightweight goodies, I would think they would have quite a bit ready for next season. Give Dakota Performance a call 701-452-4212. They know how to set a sled up right and i have heard nothing but good things about them and their porting.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
X2 on Dakota Performance. Contact jeff there and he'll tell what is honestly working. He's got a great porting layout and knows what works with it and will have the powercommander maps to go along with it.

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
If I was doing engine mods(porting etc) I'd call Kelsey first. RKT all the way for me. From MY EXPERIENCE no bs and will work with ur budget and ur end goals for ur sled. Not just an off The shelf pkg. Just my .02.

J

jdm1985

May 13, 2009
Ambrose ND
Thanks for the feedback so far. I just wanna know what people have tried or running and see what works or what doesnt. I wanna do a few mods but nothing over the top cause I wanna keep it dependable and really wanna drop some weight off and it looks like bdx will have some good parts coming this summer for that too. Thanks again to ne one that's replied I will keep it all in mind

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
X2 on Dakota Performance. Contact jeff there and he'll tell what is honestly working. He's got a great porting layout and knows what works with it and will have the powercommander maps to go along with it.

I would not recommend Dakota Performance. Had terrible luck with them on our turboed PC8's, The maps he set us up with would not work at all, no support afterwards and sleds that did not run all year. They did the install.

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT
Call Kelsey at RKtek. Put his head on my M8 2010, nothing but amazing!!! I'm thinking about his BB kit in the future on my Proclimb!

Premium Features