• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2012 HCR OWNERS: did you have cooling issues

S

samiams2

Nov 14, 2009
MN...stupid poser flatlander
I would start a poll but can't or don't know how.

Did you have cooling issues on your HCR with the short cooler?

With the option being on "certain" models for 13' and not on others, wondering how many ACTUALLY had issues.

1st hand experiences only please.

S
Feb 12, 2012
HCR cooling

Just picked one up this spring with the plan to head West. I only put on a little over 100 miles a couple weekends ago in the UP of Michigan. It was 64 degrees on Sunday. Used scratchers while on the trail getting to the back country. Never had any issues with cooling.

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
No. Have not been within 25 degrees of flashing.

I watch my temp gauge too much. Will probably trust it by next year LOL.

Yesterday spring riding started here. Sunny warm days and freezing nights. Trail from the parking spot was concrete for 10 miles. At 2 mile the gauge had risen to 151 (hottest so far, flashing is 183 on the guage). Decided to drop the scratchers instead of busting into the crust on the sides. In 1/2 mile it was 141 and stayed there until I lifted them at 10 mile because of 4" of fresh.

On the coldest days with knee deep fresh it runs at 132. I like to run at full throttle if I can.

C

Crusty82

Jan 27, 2010
No. I saw the temp light one time on hard trails. Took the schratchers out and it stopped flashing almost right away.

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
i removed my scratchers, my buddys pro rmk hits the light before mine does only time we have seen the light is down icy roads for a few miles where they get zero snow on the cooler. anywhere else i have never seen the light.

K
Mar 2, 2011
I think the hcr cooler will be on all proclimbs in the future, less weight and less ice. Put your scratchers down and youll have zero problems.

S

snowrdr

Nov 26, 2007
Reno, NV
Have had flashing episodes a few times which were resolved quickly with using scratchers or finding loose snow. Its done pretty good in our warmer conditions

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Had my 1100t HCR over heat twice, bad enough that the sled shut itself off and would not re start till it cooled down. The first time was on groomed trail and a buddy of mine was riding the sled to check it out didn't have ice scratchers down. Other time sled over heated just sitting still idling. With ice scratchers down never had a problem yet on groomed trails usually ride 20km of trail to get to play areas.

Premium Features