• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 Cat Discrepency ?'s

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
OK, I have heard it from2 different dealers... 2 different ways..

With respect to the heat exchangers on the Limited vs. the Sno Pro..

1 dealer tells me that Cat originally had the shorter exchangers on the Limited but then changed it to be the same as the Sno Pro.

The other dealer tells me that the Limited has the HCR exchanger system.

DID Cat make a change?

What is the real answer.. please no speculation?

This exchanger deal is the deciding factor for my decision

Anybody know FOR SURE??

Thanks

Kelsey

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
Web site now says LE comes with HCR cooler and backed up by dealer who went to dealer show that's all I have but I did order one so hope that is correct. DD

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Dealers received PDF brouchures saying the Limiteds without electric start will get the HCR cooler, Lightweight brake rotor and ice scratchers.

As far as I know electric start models keep the sno pro cooler.

Limited is definitely the way to go next year.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
well that just made my decision easier, i guess its a green snopro for me. i already have one sled that i need to keep an eye on the temps all the time, i don't want another one.

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Because that's how they decided to package the ES version.

If you want the tunnel cooler, buy the ES sled and sell the ES kit to a flatlander for their ProCross.

T

tbeaton

May 28, 2008
MA
YUP, less cooling is not a good thing... Bummer, because the Black LE is beautiful
Not sure why ES would effect the cooling??

what i don't understand is why they would make 2 different tunnels or 2 different variations of the black tunnel. makes no sense from a financial stand point. the starting method should have no play in the cooling system.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Three Forks, MT
Seems simple to me - There's the luxury flatlander version with electric start and the lightweight version (HCR with narrow A-arms)

Ditto

THE HCR COOLER ROCKS. So much less snow build up on the back of the tunnel. And it saves 7 lbs plus all the snow weight.

IMO a mountain rider is foolish to not get a sled with the HCR cooler. If you want to ride trails I wouldn't but if I had to ride trails I probably wouldn't snowmobile anyways.

Premium Features