• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need advice on Rear Suspension Shocks

J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
Hello everyone,

I have a 2003 (and 2002) 800 edge rmk(s). My son rides the 2002 and the rear shocks are gone (dead) and they are the black ones - not rebuildable.

I don't have $500 - 700 dollars to spend on a set of rear shocks. I did order the .375 torsion springs.

If I purchase a used (rebuildable) set, or single rear shock, how do I determine the shock will fit my sled? I would like either a fox or Walker Evens. I found a guy who can rebuild those..RX is out.

This has been a real pain to solve, thanks you for any advise you might have.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
Personally i love the zero pros on that sled but thats me.If you buy used they could be shot as well and in need of more than just new seals ,so be carefull. Some shocks are very expensive to rebuild as well.

R

RPS

May 5, 2011
Raptor shocks!

We have a nice entry level shock for this very application. We built these shocks for a specific price point for guys in your situation that have older sleds that need a cost effective way to keep them running. You can check them out on the site under IQ Rmk and we are running a sale on these for $299.00. I wouldn't make the mistake of buying a swapmeet shock and not knowing if it will fit let alone work at the end of the day. Hope this helps and let us know if you have questions. Thanks RPS
http://www.raptorshocks.com

J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
Rear shock?

I do not see a rear shock listed for that price anywhee on your site.

What am I missing?

Also does anyone know the CTC measurement for the 2003 edge 800rmk 144?

Thank you

R

RPS

May 5, 2011
Raptor

I updated the site to reflect the new pricing. Thanks

J

Joemt

Jan 7, 2008
Potomac Montana
A little confused....

Ok I see the 299.99 THere are tw "rear" listing" (14/15) Are these two separate rear sets or do I have to purchase one of each to have a "set" for the rear suspension of my 2002 edge 800 RMK?

THank you

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Fox Zero Pro or Ryde FX piggyback shocks work great on these, clicker adjustable and won't fade. 16.5" on center. Once properly rebuilt and valved they rock.

Premium Features