• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summitboy's CR500 Build

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I use GPS alot in the back country. I was using the Rino series for many years. Not a big fan of the radio so i went to a true VHF radio (Yeasu VX6
Modified) and a Montana series Garmin. I like the big screen and i use it between sledding, snowbiking, dirtbiking and streetbiking. Its a amazing GPS for versatility !

I wanted to use the Garmin AMP mount. Its super secure, lockable and sturdy. I wanted to keep it ultra low profile to the bars, Another reason i chose it over my Rini. Rino kinda sits the wrong way on handle bars imo. Only thing i will miss is the poling feature which is a big plus on the Rino !

M
Jan 14, 2004
SB and I built two of them. They are 2 pieces machined then welded together. You need a lathe, a tig welder and the stock. Its actually pretty time consuming for how small of a part it is building one.

M5

M

Mr. Gimmie

Oct 1, 2014
Nice. Frustrating making parts as an MET in school but not having the tools to whip the same up on my own time.

I should have got a business loan rather than buying a house for the family! LOL

Cheers

M
Jan 14, 2004
Maybe, it was sold to a guy in the east who blew it up in a mud hole. After that it could have gone anywhere, not sure what he did with it. SB put a Yeti kit on it and sold the TS, probably the lightest 500 setup I have seen. It was a nice 500,

M5

Last edited:
Premium Features